Metal Detecting Club

StoneThrower

Hi,
I am looking for others who are into metal detecting and interested in doing local hunts.
I'd also like to start a SOMD club and meet at a local library once a month if there is enough interest.
You can contact me @ SOMD_Digger@comcast.net
V/r
Jim

RPMDAD

don't have a metal detector yet, but have been thinking of getting one. what model do you have?

StoneThrower

Detector Recommendation

don't have a metal detector yet, but have been thinking of getting one. what model do you have?

I bought a cheap Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2002 As it came with a scope, bag and pointer and got it on closeout at Walmart for 150.00 in Bowie.

A great detector if you buy it on Ebay, is the "Garrett Ace 150" selling for $152.95 <http://www.ebay.com/itm/GARRETT-ACE-150-Metal-Detector-6-5-x-9-PROformance-Submersible-Coil-Lcd-Id-Dvd-/272150360544?hash=item3f5d6cf1e0:g:Mm4AAOSwWKtUyRqL>
"
An "Ace 250 is very similar, so if you can get a good deal on that its a great starter detector.
Garret stands behind their product, my next one I plan to get will be the Garret AT Pro next year.

limblips

PREMO Member
Another bunch of mole hole digging trespassers. Just what we need in SOMD.

I have been a MDer for over 30 years. I have met literally hundreds of fellow hunters. The vast majority are respectful of property. The few that are not good ambassadors are usually the newbies that don't know proper MD etiquette. I learned from an experienced group which is what a club will do. Responsible detectorists always get permission, fill all holes, take out trash we find (both found and litter) and often share our finds with the landowners. Most of us also attempt to reunite found items with their owners. I have returned wedding rings, engagement rings, class rings and other item such as keys, watches, etc... Many of us volunteer to work with PDs, archaeologists, and offer our services to people that have lost items for free. I equate it to fishing, you never know what the next hit will be!

Whites MXT, Garret GTAX 500, Garret Underwater unit.