Metro Options

thurley42

HY;FR
Has anyone been to a Nats game this year?

What is a better option going to Branch Ave or Anacostia? going to the game tomorrow night and coming from the Park, i"m not concerned with distance so much as traffic going in and ease coming out....

TIA

lovinmaryland

What is a better option going to Branch Ave or Anacostia? going to the game tomorrow night and coming from the Park, i"m not concerned with distance so much as traffic going in and ease coming out....

TIA

When i went to Shamrock Fest I used Branch ave. it worked out great :yay:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

TIA

I'm thinking that Branch would be your better option, simply because the closer you get to the stadium, the less chance you will have of getting a parking spot, and the Navy Yard stop is right there at the stadium too, so you get on at Branch and get off at Navy Yard.

Which leads me to wonder...I know that at FedEx Field, if you park at the Metro right there by the stadium, they charge you around $25.00 to park. I wonder if they do that for the parking garage at Anacostia, since it's so close to the stadium and parking appears to be scarce.

thurley42

HY;FR
Thanks alot! I didn't know they charged that much for metro parking during Skins games....that's criminal!

I'll do Branch..i appriciate it.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Thanks alot! I didn't know they charged that much for metro parking during Skins games....that's criminal!

I'll do Branch..i appriciate it.

I think it's just for the metro station right there by FedEx. Think about it though...If they didn't, their parking lot would be full of people going to the game, and they'd have no place for metro riders to park. If you had to choose between paying $25 for parking at the stadium and $3.50 (or whatever they charge now) to park at Metro, which would you choose? :lol:

At least at Anacostia, they people parking there are more inclined to ride the train to the Nat's game...:shrug:

thurley42

HY;FR
I think it's just for the metro station right there by FedEx. Think about it though...If they didn't, their parking lot would be full of people going to the game, and they'd have no place for metro riders to park. If you had to choose between paying $25 for parking at the stadium and $3.50 (or whatever they charge now) to park at Metro, which would you choose? :lol:

At least at Anacostia, they people parking there are more inclined to ride the train to the Nat's game...:shrug:

no your right...i just can't figure out why anyone would pay to see the Redskins....j/k

thurley42

HY;FR
Also, make sure you get a Metro-Smartrip card (if you don't already have one) to pay for parking.

ahahahahahhahahaahahha ya...so the trip was seamless...game sucked, but what do you expect at an NL game...went out after and I was freaking beat, had to get up and do work yesterday....so all of us dumb people who are trying to leave keep having to turn around one after another and go back in to get that dang parking card......