Metrocast Internet

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Anyone have them? A couple of months ago I ditched VZ DSL for Metrocast, the first month was fine, now I have problems with the service dropping in and out. Happens every day, I have to reboot the router and modem to get it working again. Had to do it several times today beginning around 4:00, now after 2 hours I'm up to advertised speed. With the kids home from school I'm catching constant crap about the internet being down.

To top it off, I called VZ and there are no more slots available for DSL from them, all full up! So I can't go back, I was seriously ready to today.

Anybody know if the local office will attempt to fix this or just give me the runaround. It is a brand new hookup with a dedicated cable laid by them right to the modem.

Man, I was out in Seattle last month and it's $20/month for 20Mbps! I know we're in the sticks here but that made me salivate! Even over on the Olympic peninsula in little old Forks, WA we were getting 10 Mbps in the hotel!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Anyone have them? A couple of months ago I ditched VZ DSL for Metrocast, the first month was fine, now I have problems with the service dropping in and out. Happens every day, I have to reboot the router and modem to get it working again. Had to do it several times today beginning around 4:00, now after 2 hours I'm up to advertised speed. With the kids home from school I'm catching constant crap about the internet being down.

To top it off, I called VZ and there are no more slots available for DSL from them, all full up! So I can't go back, I was seriously ready to today.

Anybody know if the local office will attempt to fix this or just give me the runaround. It is a brand new hookup with a dedicated cable laid by them right to the modem.

Man, I was out in Seattle last month and it's $20/month for 20Mbps! I know we're in the sticks here but that made me salivate! Even over on the Olympic peninsula in little old Forks, WA we were getting 10 Mbps in the hotel!

Ummmmm why don't you just call them and give them a chance to look into it. They give good service.

BusyMom

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago - at exactly the same time of day. Not sure what the issue was, but within a couple days of reporting the problem, it was fixed. I would definitely give them a call. I have also found their customer service to be excellent. Good luck!

Mongo53

When I had Dish Network installed a few weeks ago, the installers said the company had them on mandatory overtime.

It's almost like the countries largest cable company just angered most of their customers and people are ditching them left and right for what ever alternative out there.

But perhaps it's just me.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

You THINK you might have been in Microsoft's shadow there??

sockgirl77

Mongo, MetroCast is far from the country's largest cable company. Also, just about every cable technician/installer gets OT every week as well. Communications is a booming business right now.

CMC122

Go Braves!
I would just like to say this :smile:

I take care of my Grandmother in Bowie and she has Verizon Fios. I hate it. Her internet connection is slower than my lowest level Metrocast connection. The channel line up is annoying and aggrivating. What I have on basic cable she has to pay extra for. I don't see what the great big wonderful deal is about the crap at all.
I love our simple cable company :smile:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Ummmmm why don't you just call them and give them a chance to look into it. They give good service.

:yeahthat:
I was having some big time issues, (considering the monthly cost) made one call and had a tech out here within 2 days. After troubleshooting for about 10 minutes or so he determined the source of the problem and had it corrected 30 minutes later. Turns out that when my cable was installed the exterior connectors that were used ended up not being quite right for exterior applications (manufacturer issue). The tech replace all exterior connectors and I haven't had a problem since. :easypeasy: