Metrocast stinks

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Basic cable &$%&%^*

That is all

Not much to go on. Without more of why it sucks, I'm not able to post one of my profound replies that would shed light on and solve your problem. Lifes better when you can laugh at yourself,learned long ago don't let everyone else have all the fun.

:coffee:

CrashTest

My Metrocast bill was about $80 a month back in 2006. Today, about $180 a month. Save services. Same crap on TV.

BigRox

Stinks?

Basic cable &$%&%^*

That is all

So help me out here.... We are getting ready to move to California and I either need to go dish or Metrocast. My initial choice would have been Metrocast until I stumbled across this post. Other than the cost (I'm sure Comcast is higher which is what I have now), what's wrong with them?

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
My Metrocast bill was about $80 a month back in 2006. Today, about $180 a month. Save services. Same crap on TV.

Mines about the same amount now and I have no extra movie channels, no HBO, STARZ or good ones. It is ridiculous.

:coffee:

ontheriver

Metrocast service was good for me, but with the "bundle", the bill was $189.00 Too much. Went with DIRECT TV for TV. I kept Metrocast for interweb. Lost the land line. I should save $70 - $80. DO NOT try to deal with Exede (for internet) unless you really do your homework. Their customer service is TERRIBLE, if you can get someone to answer. Read the reviews. Disclaimer: my opinions.
Metrocast customer service was always been great for me. You get a real person and if you're 3rd in line they call YOU back so you don't have to stay on hold. I HATE hold.

Last edited:

vince77

they all suck for price ...Verizon, Comcast, Metrocast, Direct TV, Cox, Mediacom ...they reward new customers, punish current customers, it's the business model for all of them

BernieP

Resident PIA
So help me out here.... We are getting ready to move to California and I either need to go dish or Metrocast. My initial choice would have been Metrocast until I stumbled across this post. Other than the cost (I'm sure Comcast is higher which is what I have now), what's wrong with them?

We dropped them years ago for Directv and don't miss the lousy service.
don't know if going digital has improved the quality.

BigRox

Thanks everyone. I may use Metrocast for the internet and dishnet for TV. Don't need a landline.