Michael Cohen written statement.

Chris0nllyn

I don't know about the GOP, but I am losing my mind because it's clear that lying to Congress is only illegal when the Democrats are trying to put you in jail.

You, Mr. Libertarian, should be outraged by that. I note, however, that you aren't.

I note that you've never asked my stance on Cohen and his testimony, yet remarkably, you know. Amazing.

It's clear that the GOP doesn't give a crap when Trump lies, and even actively tries deciphering what he says. "Well, Trump said X, but he really means Y. Everyone knows that".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's clear that the GOP doesn't give a crap when Trump lies, and even actively tries deciphering what he says. "Well, Trump said X, but he really means Y. Everyone knows that".

Again, I can't speak for "the GOP" but I have no problem understanding common American figures of speech and I also recognize exaggeration. That's why I'm not all jacked up and burning down my local CVS when Trump uses either as a rhetorical device.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Any bets that those that believe Cohen also believe Christine Blasey Ford's account of what happened too.

How come we never hear any mention of the woman with the rape party allegations? If you believe 1 of them, then you have to believe her. Or is there a believeability scale?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Don't let your doggies find it, you might never get it back.

That’s the truth (pun intended) :lol:

Daisy and Toby are labradoodles (labrador retriever/poodle). They retrieve more than they poodle. Hey wait, I don’t think I strayed off topic in this thread; if you think about it. :roflmao:

Hijinx

I note that you've never asked my stance on Cohen and his testimony, yet remarkably, you know. Amazing.

You and Midnight would believe Cohen if he said the moon was made of Green cheese if it ran up a score against trump.
:lol:
All the lies Trump has told and the GOP is losing their minds over Cohen's lies?

Well at least you admit that Cohen's testimony was all lies.

Midnightrider

You and Midnight would believe Cohen if he said the moon was made of Green cheese if it ran up a score against trump.

Well at least you admit that Cohen's testimony was all lies.
Actually I wouldn’t believe much that he says unless he has evidence to back it up.

Just looking at the hush money payments, he has the evidence to back it up.
If that holds true for his other claims trump is in trouble.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

No, you're taking proven liar Cohen's word for it because you want to. On one of the Fox shows last night they did a montage of Cohen saying one thing to Congress, then saying the exact opposite some time previously, including his previous testimony before Congress. They also did a breakdown of all the accusations of illegality the bots are insisting on, and Cohen specifically refuting them in his testimony.

You have proof that Trump paid his lawyer by check. That's it. You all can't even pin a campaign finance irregularity on him because by all accounts he used his own funds.

Just admit that you hate Trump because your media masters have told you to, and want to believe that he committed a crime whether or not there is evidence of such.

Midnightrider

No, you're taking proven liar Cohen's word for it because you want to. On one of the Fox shows last night they did a montage of Cohen saying one thing to Congress, then saying the exact opposite some time previously, including his previous testimony before Congress. They also did a breakdown of all the accusations of illegality the bots are insisting on, and Cohen specifically refuting them in his testimony.

You have proof that Trump paid his lawyer by check. That's it. You all can't even pin a campaign finance irregularity on him because by all accounts he used his own funds.

Just admit that you hate Trump because your media masters have told you to, and want to believe that he committed a crime whether or not there is evidence of such.
I mean why didn’t you just say hannity told you trump is clean:killingme

I know you are a bit slow, so I’ll give you a break.....
Here is how charges for lying to Congress work. He came before congress and lied about things related to his dealings with trump. They caught him in his lies, proveditto him, and he pleaded guilty to those charges. He then came back in front of congress to tell the truth under the same point entail penalties.

Now here is where it gets tricky so stay with me. IF he was lying before AND he is telling the truth now his stories will necessarily be different. Since they already know the first story was false they are comparing his story to the facts they already have and any evidence he produces.

Is it your assertion that Cohen paid off those two skanks with his own money and was never reimbursed by trump? And that trump didn’t know?

CPUSA

My favorite part is the bit about the proxy buyer (who was reimbursed from the Trump Foundation) for the art of Trump’s portrait.

Even better is that the jig was up back in 2013 when this happened.

What an egomaniac! Sad!

Your favorite part...without ANY proof at that!! Just one lying fraud's word.
Hey boo boo, remind me again...what's Cohen going to prison for?

This_person

So, one of a multi-billionaire's lawyers has a cancelled check signed by his client - someone who pays him, the lawyer, money.

That's some strong evidence of wrong-doing, there.

Although it doesn't, let's pretend the memo line of the check said, "to pay for the NDA with Stephanie Cliffords, aka, Stormy Daniels". Would there be anything illegal about that?

Well, if the check were written on the "Trump-Pence 2016" campaign fund, which it's not, it would. Since it's not, we have a multi-billionaire giving a check to his lawyer from his personal account which may or may not have been to pay for a completely legal transaction.

Whew, I bet Trump is shaking in his boots.