Michael Thurmond

_FOX.FORD_

Has anyone tried the michael thurmond 6 week diet plan. I am wants to buy it but do not want to spend $140 bucks if its not going to work? thanks

Idunno

years ago...

I tried it and it worked. Hard to keep up with long term though. Pretty basic, cut out all dairy, sugar, salt, wheat, and any other white carbs. No processed (or frozen) foods at all, everything fresh. Keep under 1500 calories a day and break the food into 5-6 meals 3-4 hours apart through out the day with protien at every meal. The initial 6 weeks you loose like crazy, then your body realizes what's happening and you plateau. I lost 48 lbs in 9 weeks.

Some of the side effects were low blood sugar if I didn't eat on time, low blood pressure to the point of weakness ( I had normal BP to start), fatigue and alternating constipation/runs. After about 5 weeks I noticed I was loosing more hair than normal and I lost the enjoyment of eatting/tasting food. It became almost a chore to eat every 3.5 hours. Either I couldn't drop everything I was doing to go eat, or I just didn't want to eat... but if I didn't eat I would get dizzy, short on temper, nauseated and feel like I was going to pass out.

If you have the ability to stop what ever you are doing to run off and eat a few mouth fulls every 3.5 hours, run to the bathroom every 5 min. from drinking the gallon+ of water every day, and can tollerate pretty much basically the same foods day after day it will work.

_FOX.FORD_

I tried it and it worked. Hard to keep up with long term though. Pretty basic, cut out all dairy, sugar, salt, wheat, and any other white carbs. No processed (or frozen) foods at all, everything fresh. Keep under 1500 calories a day and break the food into 5-6 meals 3-4 hours apart through out the day with protien at every meal. The initial 6 weeks you loose like crazy, then your body realizes what's happening and you plateau. I lost 48 lbs in 9 weeks.

Some of the side effects were low blood sugar if I didn't eat on time, low blood pressure to the point of weakness ( I had normal BP to start), fatigue and alternating constipation/runs. After about 5 weeks I noticed I was loosing more hair than normal and I lost the enjoyment of eatting/tasting food. It became almost a chore to eat every 3.5 hours. Either I couldn't drop everything I was doing to go eat, or I just didn't want to eat... but if I didn't eat I would get dizzy, short on temper, nauseated and feel like I was going to pass out.

If you have the ability to stop what ever you are doing to run off and eat a few mouth fulls every 3.5 hours, run to the bathroom every 5 min. from drinking the gallon+ of water every day, and can tollerate pretty much basically the same foods day after day it will work.

WOW THATS GREAT YOU LOST ALL THAT WEIGHT BT I FIGURED IT WOULD BE HARD THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR FEED BACK

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
WOW THATS GREAT YOU LOST ALL THAT WEIGHT BT I FIGURED IT WOULD BE HARD THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR FEED BACK

It will be hard if you lack the discipline to stick to the diet. Make sure you add some exercise to that diet plan to get some real results.

P.S.-Unlock your caps

thurley42

HY;FR
It will be hard if you lack the discipline to stick to the diet. Make sure you add some exercise to that diet plan to get some real results.

P.S.-Unlock your caps

This....even though you called him an idiot..Joker hit the nail on the head...eat less...buy your own whole foods and exercise...it's not magic..save yourself the money.

Read "Protein Power" by dr. Michael Eades

great book and eating plan-- low carb high protein! and it works! He has a few books out but this is the original.

down 84 lbs in 13 months.

p.s.- you also have to exercise, I walk in the morning 2.5 miles, 2 to 3 miles at lunch and walk/jog in the evening 2-3 miles.

The best tip I can give you is that as soon as I get home in the evening my pack my lunch for the next day, that way no temptation at work to eat out.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Has anyone tried the michael thurmond 6 week diet plan. I am wants to buy it but do not want to spend $140 bucks if its not going to work? thanks

Skip the book.. eat $140 less in food.. and you'll lose weight AND net a $280 gain!!