Michelle Obama Says 'White Flight' Destroyed Her Community

Smokey1

How is anyone responsible for what happens in a community once they are gone?

Former first lady Michelle Obama believes that the "white flight" she experienced growing up on Chicago's South Side is continuing to destroy neighborhoods today. “There were no gang fights, there were no territorial battles. Yet one by one, they packed their bags and they ran from us," she said at the event. "And they left communities in shambles.” White flight often results in lower property values, more vacant homes, and the general decline of the neighborhood. Yet the communities that experience it typically start out as middle-class, according to an academic article published last year in the journal Social Science Research.

www.realtor.com/news/trends/michelle-obama-white-flight/?cid=syn_taboola_0214_rss_news-01&pid=tab:foxnews-foxnews

It isn't the people who left who trash the neighborhood. Seems like the people who leave did the rational thing considering the results.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
what you need whitey to keep the peace

POC cannot keep from killing each other without whites around

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
How is anyone responsible for what happens in a community once they are gone?

www.realtor.com/news/trends/michelle-obama-white-flight/?cid=syn_taboola_0214_rss_news-01&pid=tab:foxnews-foxnews

It isn't the people who left who trash the neighborhood. Seems like the people who leave did the rational thing considering the results.
Guess you could say that about Detroit too. Husband grew up there and slowly but surely all the white people moved out. They had to stay because his Dad was a Pastor and wasn't called anywhere else until he eventually retired. I went to visit twice before his parents moved and it looked like a Third World war zone. Burned out cars, burned out houses. And that was in the "nicer" areas! I had never seen anything like that!

nutz

You all are forgetting Mooches roots. She was not invited to join some social club at Princeton, She’s had a miserable life because of her skin tone.

glhs837

Power with Control
Buddy of mine, his folks were part of that white flight in Detroit. They were not fleeing a skin color, they were fleeing an increase in crime and lawlessness. You can only take so much of your stuff being stolen and your property being destroyed and an increase in drug use in your kids schools. Had a bunch of white people moved in doing those thing, his folks still woulda packed up and left.

Hijinx

I won't get into why white people move out of neighborhoods when blacks move in.
We all know why.

My view is of Michelle and how she cannot open her mouth wihout showing her racism and hate for white people.
Divisiveness----- that was the lagacy of Michelle and Hussein Obama.
They lived and breathed racism and divisiveness. Exactly what they accuse whites of.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Conveniently omitted from this racial narrative is that black families flee, too. Once the 'hood starts taking on certain characteristics, all the decent people leave regardless of race.

Note that the Obama's aren't living in Chicago - they live in a mansion on Martha's Vineyard surrounded by rich white people.

So yeah - stuff it up your racist ass, Michelle.

Communities are outraged when big business wants to move into the area because if they let that happen it will bring with it increased property values resulting in less "affordable" housing, influx of "outsiders" who would change the dynamics, etc.... NY and Amazon for example.

So do cities want low cost districts/housing or do they want to maintain/increase property values? Cannot have it both ways.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Buddy of mine, his folks were part of that white flight in Detroit. They were not fleeing a skin color, they were fleeing an increase in crime and lawlessness. You can only take so much of your stuff being stolen and your property being destroyed and an increase in drug use in your kids schools. Had a bunch of white people moved in doing those thing, his folks still woulda packed up and left.
My mother in law got robbed at gunpoint twice in her own driveway and they lived in a nicer area.

Hijinx

Conveniently omitted from this racial narrative is that black families flee, too. Once the 'hood starts taking on certain characteristics, all the decent people leave regardless of race.

Note that the Obama's aren't living in Chicago - they live in a mansion on Martha's Vineyard surrounded by rich white people.

You are right, black families do flee too, and they flee to white neighborhoods which starts the cycle all over again.

She is also right that Obama didn't move to a black neighborhood, they might be racist but they aint crazy.
And if they had moved to Baltimore they would be safe with all of the secret Service watching over them.
I believe they may talk the talk, but they don't walk the walk, they don't want to be around blacks.

Suspecting Obama's sexual preference---pretty sure that has been stuffed before.

herb749

Haven't heard of people fleeing the island since they moved in . :bann:

WingsOfGold

If Michelle Obama is transsexual, where pray tell did the Obama children come from? That's the kind of nonsense that idiot Alex Jones used to spout.
Ummm either the stork or adoption maybe? :rolleyes:
hqdefault.jpg
original.jpg