Michigan driver arrested after pulling 'Dukes of Hazzard' stunt over Detroit bridge

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A Michigan man was arrested Wednesday night after apparently jumping a Detroit drawbridge in "Dukes of Hazzard" fashion, according to multiple reports.

The Allen Park driver, 26, was behind the wheel of a Dodge sedan when he accelerated and attempted to cross the Fort Street bascule bridge around 7 p.m. on Wednesday -- as it was rising.

“I looked, I said, ‘No he ain’t,’” drawbridge operator Andre Locke told Detroit's WDIV-TV. “Over he went, blew out all four of his tires, and then he crashed into the other gate."

:roflmao: Damn! Why couldn't there be video? :roflmao:

limblips

PREMO Member
:roflmao: Damn! Why couldn't there be video? :roflmao:

I'll bet there is one. I am sure those bridges record every opening for liability and accident reconstruction. It will get out eventually I hope.

If the dude is black somebody will call out racism for referring to the stunt as a "Dukes of Hazzard" type of deal.

SamSpade

Idiot. Those kinds of stunts are almost always done under very controlled conditions. And sometimes, not actually done without enhancements to the vehicle or a bit of photographic legerdemain.

Although I am amazed that the kind of silly car stunt from "The Man with the Golden Gun" was NOT a trick (the sound effects would suggest it was).

As the page suggests and I've read elsewhere - done in one take.