Michigan GOP congressman says Trump’s conduct impeachable

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment,” Amash wrote, arguing that lawmakers have become too afraid of using impeachment to deter presidential misconduct.

“Impeachment, which is a special form of indictment, does not even require probable cause that a crime (e.g., obstruction of justice) has been committed; it simply requires a finding that an official has engaged in careless, abusive, corrupt, or otherwise dishonorable conduct,” Amash wrote.

In recent days, more rank-and-file Democrats have said they support initiating impeachment proceedings against the president; but Speaker Nancy Pelosi and most Democratic leaders and committee chairs have resisted those calls, citing their ongoing investigations into the president’s alleged conduct. The House Judiciary Committee, for example, is investigating Trump for allegations of obstruction of justice and abuses of power.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/18/justin-amash-trump-impeachable-mueller-1332780

TCROW

Though Amash is in fact a registered R, that letter designation alone really belies his libertarian ideology. The larger GOP hates him already and has been alienated by the party.

But anyway, he’s right. Good for Justin for standing up. But I hope he doesn’t take much money for the national party because it’s about to dry up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fun fact: Amash is of Syrian and Palestinian descent.

Given that information, can we really be surprised that he hates the President who is making America great again?

TCROW

Given that information, can we really be surprised that he hates the President who is making America great again?

He’s also Christian you bigoted overfed sow.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I'm shocked, a guy who hates Trump thinks he should be impeached. The shocking part is that he held it in for so long.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm shocked, a guy who hates Trump thinks he should be impeached. The shocking part is that he held it in for so long.

I expect our charming GovMD to come out any day now. I don't know how you all can stand that guy.

transporter

Gee....you mean someone who actually read the Mueller report came to the conclusion that Trump committed obstruction of justice...how...

...entirely predictable.

...and Trump goes on a twitter tirade...how entirely predictable. Day 849. Once again, Melania Tump's anti-cyber bullying campaign fails in her own house...also entirely predictable.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Michigan RINO congressman says Trump’s conduct impeachable

he gets pretty high marks as a 'conservative' it has been reported however he has strong LIBERTARIAN Leanings and is 'considering running in 2020 on the Libertarian Platform NOT as a Republican

Hijinx

Is there a POS party? If not there should be one, and it would be filled up with turds like this and others in the Republican party who refuse to back the selection real Republicans made when they endorsed and voted for Donald Trump.

Trump didn't just move into the WH unannounced, he was elected. Elected By U.S. Citizens.
A lot of people who voted to have him make their stand for them.
If a person who calls himself Republican cannot understand that they need to find themselves a new party.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In the series of tweets, Amash failed to provide a single example of how Barr "deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report," and ignored the fact that CNN and The Washington Post have reported that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has stated that Barr did not say anything inaccurate in his letter to Congress about the report. Furthermore, Amash did not quote Mueller's report at all in his rant.

In 12 subsequent tweets, Amash stated the following:

I offer these conclusions only after having read Mueller’s redacted report carefully and completely, having read or watched pertinent statements and testimony, and having discussed this matter with my staff, who thoroughly reviewed materials and provided me with further analysis.
In comparing Barr’s principal conclusions, congressional testimony, and other statements to Mueller’s report, it is clear that Barr intended to mislead the public about Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s analysis and findings.
Barr’s misrepresentations are significant but often subtle, frequently taking the form of sleight-of-hand qualifications or logical fallacies, which he hopes people will not notice.
Under our Constitution, the president “shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” While “high Crimes and Misdemeanors” is not defined, the context implies conduct that violates the public trust.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/47404/leftists-back-gop-rep-justin-amash-smearing-barr-ryan-saavedra

BOP

Is there a POS party? If not there should be one, and it would be filled up with turds like this and others in the Republican party who refuse to back the selection real Republicans made when they endorsed and voted for Donald Trump.

Trump didn't just move into the WH unannounced, he was elected. Elected By U.S. Citizens.
A lot of people who voted to have him make their stand for them.
If a person who calls himself Republican cannot understand that they need to find themselves a new party.
Stealing that.

SamSpade

Having read just the original reference in the first post - because otherwise, I don't really care - I wanted to say:

• If I were to accuse anyone of wrongdoing - even a relative, a son or daughter, my spouse - and certainly someone in an elected office - I would certainly include examples and specifics of where I concluded someone had done so. I would not say, call someone a liar or a thief without showing where I thought they had lied or observed they had stolen.
  • When I say someone has taken words out of context or misrepresented what is said, I do them and everyone the courtesy of saying where they did it and what it should have said. I don't render vague generalities unless I don't care about relevance.

I realize everyone does this in politics - but I don't see this as noteworthy.

Reading backward in time over Amash's statements on Trump, this is not an epiphany - he's always been critical of Trump.