Mike from Mikes Bikes Needs Prayers

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
Mike does so much for the community. He is passionate about bmx racing he was racing at a national event Friday night and crashed this is the update from his sister this morning Hi everyone- Just wanted to give an update on Mike after his crash at the Virginia National yesterday. He is alert and stable in ICU in Roanoke Virginia. He broke his neck in 3 places, C-1, T-5 and T-6. The. t’s will heal on their own. The C-1 is more complicated. He will be having surgery today to put hardware in to stabilize his neck. He knows that so many people have reached out and appreciates it. Mike is not able to use his phone right now. So keep him in your prayers.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Dang, that's rough. I am so glad treatments have improved so much since I broke my back in November 2007.
Fingers crossed he'll be up and riding again.

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
Final Update of the day.:
Surgeon said surgery went great , and he was lucky to survive the injury. He needs to reach a few milestones before he leaves hospital, like sitting, walking.etc. Dr thinks he can be released in a few days if not earlier. She believes he will have a full recovery, but some limitation of turning head. BMX is over, and Mike accepts that. Dr said he could still play volleyball. Mike , Patricia and my family appreciate all of the support. You all are amazing!