Mike got jacked!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Great Mills Road has always been the ghetto of st. Mary's.
Not always. I spent about 5 years living in the heart of LP City in the early to mid 70s. We walked everywhere and never thought twice about it, nor did the parental units. The area has changed vastly since then sadly. :ohwell:

PeoplesElbow

How many years have you lived in Lexington Park? You seem to think you know about Great Mills Rd. Was it a bad street when you went to school, shopped, eat out at Pizza Hut, or Rustlers Steak House??? Before your time here huh? Thought so. The people that complain about St. Mary's the most are the transplants that are too stupid not to buy a house under the Naval Air Test Center's flight pattern. !!
So it is ok for people to steal there?

You should rename yourself to dumbazz

Pete

Repete
Even the underprivileged should be afforded the opportunity to purchase a rubber dong. You people.:rolleyes:

BernieP

Resident PIA
How many years have you lived in Lexington Park? You seem to think you know about Great Mills Rd. Was it a bad street when you went to school, shopped, eat out at Pizza Hut, or Rustlers Steak House??? Before your time here huh? Thought so. The people that complain about St. Mary's the most are the transplants that are too stupid not to buy a house under the Naval Air Test Center's flight pattern. !!
Dear Butt Hurt
Let's talk about sentence structure.
The people that complain about St. Mary's the most are the transplants that are too stupid not to buy a house under the Naval Air Test Center's flight pattern. !!
That would mean they were smart enough NOT to buy a house under the flight path. BTW, flip your calendar ahead 25 years, NATC ceased to exist after BRAC, even before people started to move. It became part of NAWCAD. Also, it would be NAS Patuxent River's flight path, as the base is the owner, the other commands are merely tenants.

But that's here nor there. The area is a profound Schit Hole. The buildings are mostly falling down, over grown lots and just decay where ever you look. A good portion of the residents seem to spend the better part of the day and night walking IN the street. Good lord only knows why the county paid for sidewalks and lights with cross walks when the local riff raff don't seem to know how to use them.

If St. Mary's County was a city, Lexington Park would be the slum nobody would want to enter.

The only investment in the area was bulldozing down a rat trap bar for the rescue squad and fire department.
Now they are building a police station right in the middle of the slum - not only beautifies the area, but puts law enforcement where the action is.

General Lee

I can't believe you don't see my point. MY POINT is that "stupid people make derogatory comments about a place they know no history about!

Who cares about the history. Those times are long gone and the fact now is Lexington Park, especially the Great Mills Road corridor is a $hithole.

black dog

Free America
Dear Butt Hurt
Let's talk about sentence structure.
That would mean they were smart enough NOT to buy a house under the flight path. BTW, flip your calendar ahead 25 years, NATC ceased to exist after BRAC, even before people started to move. It became part of NAWCAD. Also, it would be NAS Patuxent River's flight path, as the base is the owner, the other commands are merely tenants.

But that's here nor there. The area is a profound Schit Hole. The buildings are mostly falling down, over grown lots and just decay where ever you look. A good portion of the residents seem to spend the better part of the day and night walking IN the street. Good lord only knows why the county paid for sidewalks and lights with cross walks when the local riff raff don't seem to know how to use them.

If St. Mary's County was a city, Lexington Park would be the slum nobody would want to enter.

The only investment in the area was bulldozing down a rat trap bar for the rescue squad and fire department.
Now they are building a police station right in the middle of the slum - not only beautifies the area, but puts law enforcement where the action is.

You forgot The Flat Tops, Lex Park was much more colorful when The Flat Tops were rentals.....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You forgot The Flat Tops, Lex Park was much more colorful when The Flat Tops were rentals.....
Thought those flat tops were off-base housing for Navy personnel back in the day. Had an in-law Petty Officer live in one of those tiny shacks with his family, circa '91? time frame. Rough, as in worn out, quarters then.

I wonder if Navy relocation packets for Navy personnel and Defense Contractors to NAS specifically say to avoid renting,or buying, or visiting, the Lexington Park area. Ya know, like, when the State Department issues travel advisories, or restrictions for Americans, to dangerous countries?

What is interesting, that since the Navy, and associated businesses, are of such a vital importance to St. Mary's, why isn't Lexington Park a topic of discussion at every single Commissioner's meeting trying to come up with a plan? Like the old Raley's building, and others. A good case of eminent domain as if I ever saw one.