Mileage correction

Srjohnson8

I have a 2010 Mustang. Had the instrument cluster replaced with a used one so the odometer is off. Had it programmed through a Ford dealership so I have all of the paperwork and everything was done correctly. Just having a hard time trying to find a place that will correct mileage because Ford couldn’t do that since it wasn’t brand new.

So if anyone knows of a place or person in Maryland or close by that could do that for me then that would be great.

glhs837

Power with Control
Prettty much not a thing that's done. I know there's a backdoor method for BMWS that only works if the cluster mileage is lower than the body mileage. Meaning I can roll a 120K cluster up to a 140K body mileage, but not rolling the mileage back down.

Srjohnson8

Prettty much not a thing that's done. I know there's a backdoor method for BMWS that only works if the cluster mileage is lower than the body mileage. Meaning I can roll a 120K cluster up to a 140K body mileage, but not rolling the mileage back down.
Yeah I haven’t found anyone in St. Mary’s that can do it so far. The mileage on my cluster is lower. I know there’s a place in Virginia that can, only thing is I’d have to send the whole cluster to them. So yes I ultimately have an option, but that’s more of a last resort to me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've recalibrated the PSOM on Ford trucks but that capability went away altogether in '97 and now you have to have a $150 gizmo to plug in and perform a recalibration. I guess cars would be the same?. All that said..that's only for speed indication, not mileage.