miles per gallon or...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...smiles per mile?

I ride a stratoliner which is 1900ccs of v twin jap torque. Typically, I avg 35-37 mpg and wear out rears at about 3500 miles.
Michelin rc IIs have helped a bit to last maybe 6,000. So, for fun, I just wanted to see what I could squeeze out mpg if I really tried. I did a casual under 70 mile per hour Cruise out in back a total of about 77 miles in burned 1.5 gallons this is the first time I've ever come anywhere close to 50 miles per gallon. The problem is that it was so damn boring that I would never ride if efficiency was the goal.

Pete

Repete
...smiles per mile?

I ride a stratoliner which is 1900ccs of v twin jap torque. Typically, I avg 35-37 mpg and wear out rears at about 3500 miles.
Michelin rc IIs have helped a bit to last maybe 6,000. So, for fun, I just wanted to see what I could squeeze out mpg if I really tried. I did a casual under 70 mile per hour Cruise out in back a total of about 77 miles in burned 1.5 gallons this is the first time I've ever come anywhere close to 50 miles per gallon. The problem is that it was so damn boring that I would never ride if efficiency was the goal.
I rode my Ultra Classic to Georgia and back and averaged about 45 mostly interstate except for the Dragon and Blue Ridge.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm at 22K on the 09 Vstrom and the second set of tires is worn out. Looking for replacements now. Last time I went cheap and got a set of takesoffs from a guy who had just bought his and went straight to a highway only tire.

and if I saw 45mpg, I would know something is wrong :) Lowest seen so far is 48, normally between there and 50. If I babied it or did a full tank on the highway, I'm sure I could go a few above 50. But of course it weighs maybe half of all of your behemoths.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm at 22K on the 09 Vstrom and the second set of tires is worn out. Looking for replacements now. Last time I went cheap and got a set of takesoffs from a guy who had just bought his and went straight to a highway only tire.

and if I saw 45mpg, I would know something is wrong :) Lowest seen so far is 48, normally between there and 50. If I babied it or did a full tank on the highway, I'm sure I could go a few above 50. But of course it weighs maybe half of all of your behemoths.

Pilot Roads for tires..

My Bike has been parked for too long.. I need a new front wheel thanks to a hellacious pothole up near Andrews AFB..

BUT 2009, with a little over 36k (I think) and on it's 3rd set of Pilot Roads.. I get 12 - 14k per pair and they stick REAL good in the corners. I will NEVER buy a Dunlop bike tire.. total waste of money for anyone that puts more than 1000 miles a year on their bike.