Military Casualties

Cali Transplant

Have boat will travel
Military personnel death rate

This is some interesting data regarding deaths in the military. It is unlikely you will ever read this in the POST. Nor will you have see it on the evening network news broadcast:

Deaths in the Military
1980 .......... 2,392 1993 ..........1,213

1981 .......... 2,380 1994 ..........1,075
1982 .......... 2,318 1995 ..........1,040

1983 .......... 2,465 1996 .............974
1984 .......... 1,999 1997 .............817

1985 .......... 2,252 1998 .............826
1986 .......... 1,984 1999 .............795
1987 .......... 1,983 2000 .............774
1988 .......... 1,819 2001 .............890
1989 .......... 1,636 2002 ...........1,007
1990 .......... 1,508 2003 ...........1,410 [534*]
1991 .......... 1,787 2004 ...........1,887 [900*]
1992 .......... 1,293 2005.............[919*]
2006 .............[920*]

Figures noted with an asterisk [*] indicates deaths as a result of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. Note that more military people died in Bill Clinton's terms of office due to accidents and Somalia than have died in OIF/OEF.

Viewing the figures for 1980, during the term of President Jimmy Carter, there were 2,392 US military fatalities. This suggests that the network media and liberal politicians pick and choose, presenting only details that support Agenda-driven reporting.

Another issue that the leftist media and politicians try to slant is that the men and women losing their lives are primarily minorities. The latest census shows the opposite:

European descent (white)......... 69.12%
Hispanic................................. 12.50%
African American..................... 12.30%
Asian.............. ......................... 3.70%
Native American........................ 1.00%
Other........................................ 2.60%

And the fatalities for the past three years in Iraqi Freedom are:

European descent (white)........ 74.31%
Hispanic................................ 10.74%
African American...................... 9.67%
Asian....................................... 1.81%
Native American........................ 1.09%
Other........................................ 2.33%

These statistics, published by the US Congressional Research Service in its Report For Congress, may be viewed at:
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf
<http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf>

This does not erase the sadness of these casualties, but it uncovers the misleading slant given to their sacrifice

MMDad

Lem Putt
This needs to be bumped for everyone to read. It's great to see the raw data so we can all understand the truth.

Kerad

Yay...this crap again. :bigwhoop:

According to the figures provided from the report, from 1992 through 1999 there was 1 active duty death attributed to hostile action.

From 2000-2006 there were 2,596 deaths attributed to hostile action.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I didn't author the report. They list 29 deaths under "Terrorist Attack". :shrug:
This is in the report:

Restore Hope/Unosom, Somalia, 1992-1994

Hostile 27 0 0 2 29

If 29 deaths mean nothing to you, so be it. It's pretty myopic of you to ignore the truth though. Of course, you wouldn't be you if you actually cared about the truth, would you?

Mikeinsmd

This is in the report:

Hostile 27 0 0 2 29

If 29 deaths mean nothing to you, so be it. It's pretty myopic of you to ignore the truth though. Of course, you wouldn't be you if you actually cared about the truth, would you?
Kerad is a left wing libby. Facts are non-ubiquitous to him.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
This is in the report:

Hostile 27 0 0 2 29

He wouldn't be Kerad if he bothered to read the report either.

Kerad

This is in the report:

Hostile 27 0 0 2 29

:rolleyes: Yeah...the deaths mean nothing to me. That's a pretty ####ing stupid thing to say....nice job.

Table 5, page 11 of the pdf.

MMDad

Lem Putt
:rolleyes: Yeah...the deaths mean nothing to me. That's a pretty ####ing stupid thing to say....nice job.

Table 5, page 11 of the pdf.

If you think that the Clinton Administration not classifying those deaths as hostile means that they really were not hostile, then that's on you. Your BDS is preventing you from seeing the facts.

Kerad

If you think that the Clinton Administration not classifying those deaths as hostile means that they really were not hostile, then that's on you. Your BDS is preventing you from seeing the facts.

You're on a roll.

What does this report have to do with the Clinton administration? They did not publish this, nor did they provide/assign the data. Oh...that's right...it's your BBCFES. (Blame Bill Clinton For Everything Syndrome)

See, I can come up with dumb little acronyms as well. Hooray for me! :yay:

Oh, by the way...what did you find in table 5?

MMDad

Lem Putt
You're on a roll.

What does this report have to do with the Clinton administration? They did not publish this, nor did they provide/assign the data. Oh...that's right...it's your BBCFES. (Blame Bill Clinton For Everything Syndrome)

See, I can come up with dumb little acronyms as well. Hooray for me! :yay:

Oh, by the way...what did you find in table 5?

I saw the numbers reported by the Clinton administration in table 5.

Don't blame me that YOU were wrong about there being only one death. It's not my fault that you were trying to minimize it.

And thank you for bumping this thread, where everyone can see the real numbers, as well as your original assertion that there were no hostile deaths in Somalia.

Bump it again. I know you can't resist.

Kerad

I saw the numbers reported by the Clinton administration in table 5.

Don't blame me that YOU were wrong about there being only one death. It's not my fault that you were trying to minimize it.

And thank you for bumping this thread, where everyone can see the real numbers, as well as your original assertion that there were no hostile deaths in Somalia.

The numbers I quoted were directly from the report...which I stated in my original message. Just because a few of you Righties got all excited about it isn't on me.

:blahblah: Clinton :blahblah:

If your want to pin blame on Clinton the official classification of military deaths, go for it.

So didn't he classify those deaths that you found in your selected table, as well? So, using these numbers, let me update my original tally.

According to the figures provided from the report, from 1992 through 1999 there were 30 active duty death attributed to hostile action.

From 2000-2006 there were 2,596 deaths attributed to hostile action.

Okay.that changes everything.

What was your point again?

Kerad

Exactly. No valid point whatsoever.

Every few months some Rightie posts this report, clainming that their chosen statistic of total number of deaths will show that Clinton was responsible for more military deaths than is Dubya.

It's easy enough to shoot down.

Why are you so concerned about this thread being bumped? Something about it make you uncomfortable?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Why are you so concerned about this thread being bumped? Something about it make you uncomfortable?

I want it bumped. It shows the facts, as well as the real you. How much better can it get?