Millions of gallons of sewer water released into Jones Falls.......

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I think all of you engineers are missing the point.......
We have spent Billions of dollars to "Clean" up the Bay, but can't afford to fix these Sewage systems that continually "pour", not pump for you engineers, into the Bay.
Who designs these Sh!t systems and why are they not fixed?

Because you can't afford it. Just Calvert's cost to come into compliance (keeping in mind it doesn't have any combined storm/sanitary system) for the new stormwater management regulations under WIP is $2BILLION over the next 20 years. The Town of North Beach, with under 2000 residents, is looking at $17Million over the same time frame.

The recently completed upgrade of the regional treatment plant in Chesapeake Beach to ENR standards was around $25Million. Ellicott City is looking at nearly $200Million for its treatment plant. These are for sewer, not stormwater.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Because you can't afford it. Just Calvert's cost to come into compliance (keeping in mind it doesn't have any combined storm/sanitary system) for the new stormwater management regulations under WIP is $2BILLION over the next 20 years. The Town of North Beach, with under 2000 residents, is looking at $17Million over the same time frame.

The recently completed upgrade of the regional treatment plant in Chesapeake Beach to ENR standards was around $25Million. Ellicott City is looking at nearly $200Million for its treatment plant. These are for sewer, not stormwater.

Then let's just Fark the Bay and quit spending millions of dollars on feel good projects.......

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Then let's just Fark the Bay and quit spending millions of dollars on feel good projects.......

Oh, the money will be spent. Then you'll be on here complaining about how much your tax/sewer bill has gone up to pay for it. The number is billions, not millions.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Oh, the money will be spent. Then you'll be on here complaining about how much your tax/sewer bill has gone up to pay for it. The number is billions, not millions.

As long as it doesn't go to the corrupt WSSC I'm ok.......BTW, been on septic system for 40 years....and yes everything has been upgraded to the latest technology, well worth the price for my little contribution.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
As long as it doesn't go to the corrupt WSSC I'm ok.......BTW, been on septic system for 40 years....and yes everything has been upgraded to the latest technology, well worth the price for my little contribution.

The thing is that the expense isn't going to be sewer/septic, it's going to be stormwater.

Remember the "Rain Tax"? What nobody told you is that it covers the entire state but only nine jurisdictions were mandated to have a set-aside revenue (tax) line item for it. Everyone else was told "You're on your own how you pay for it". You're seeing it now in new construction with green roofs, holding areas, rain gardens, rain barrels, etc.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The thing is that the expense isn't going to be sewer/septic, it's going to be stormwater.

Remember the "Rain Tax"? What nobody told you is that it covers the entire state but only nine jurisdictions were mandated to have a set-aside revenue (tax) line item for it. Everyone else was told "You're on your own how you pay for it". You're seeing it now in new construction with green roofs, holding areas, rain gardens, rain barrels, etc.

I'm talking about Sh!t going into the Bay....not storm water....keep up

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I'm talking about Sh!t going into the Bay....not storm water....keep up

You need, obviously, to understand all the inputs being talked about. You don't. I can't help that. The Flush Tax is eventually taking care of the sanitary sewer end (weren't you one of the ones who bitched and moaned about that?), stormwater is the next project. You know, what runs into the Bay along with all the dog #### from your yard.

Do you happen to know what sewer tier you're in? I'm asking because if you're in the "wrong" one then that glossy new high tech septic system you just installed will be declared obsolete and you'll have to pay to hook up to central sewer.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You need, obviously, to understand all the inputs being talked about. You don't. I can't help that. The Flush Tax is eventually taking care of the sanitary sewer end (weren't you one of the ones who bitched and moaned about that?), stormwater is the next project. You know, what runs into the Bay along with all the dog #### from your yard. Do you happen to know what sewer tier you're in? I'm asking because if you're in the "wrong" one then that glossy new high tech septic system you just installed will be declared obsolete and you'll have to pay to hook up to central sewer.

Please enlighten us, oh great one, on what a "sewer tier" is and how it might apply to those of us in the tri-county, Southern Maryland area.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
If I may ...

Please enlighten us, oh great one, on what a "sewer tier" is and how it might apply to those of us in the tri-county, Southern Maryland area.

Seeing as how I've explained it to you multiple times I won't bother. See the post directly above this.
When you're done you can whine some more about government.

If you do follow the link to the maps here's the key:

Tier 1 Central water and sewer already there. Most of those are Priority Funding Areas and Targeted Growth Areas so growth will be directed there as well as state funding.

Tier 2 Central water and sewer are not available but the area has been identified on the County Water and Sewer Plan as getting it at some point "in the future". They may or may not be PFAs or TGAs.

Tier 3 No central water and sewer is there nor is any installation planned. Individual wells and septics are used. Except there's a hook in that: any development with more than nine units has to either hook into the nearest water and sewer system or have an on-site central water and sewer system constructed to service the development.

Tier 4 Wetlands, marshes, forest conservation, etc. No central water and sewer planned and the limited building allowed will be on well and septic unless it can be hooked into a nearby central system. Essentially the Critical Areas plus.

Last edited:

Dukesdad

Is it a nitrogen removing system?
Can I ask how long it has been in and who maintains it for you?

Why is none of this funding going to provide a sanitary facility so the millions of fish and crabs and oysters can poop without pooping into the bay?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
You need, obviously, to understand all the inputs being talked about. You don't. I can't help that. The Flush Tax is eventually taking care of the sanitary sewer end (weren't you one of the ones who bitched and moaned about that?), stormwater is the next project. You know, what runs into the Bay along with all the dog #### from your yard.

Do you happen to know what sewer tier you're in? I'm asking because if you're in the "wrong" one then that glossy new high tech septic system you just installed will be declared obsolete and you'll have to pay to hook up to central sewer.

You obviously don't know the difference between Sh!t and Shinola......