Millions $$$ of signed baseball cards found in attic

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What a great legacy to leave behind.

After James Micioni passed away at 97 years old this March, he left quite a surprise for his relatives who went through his possessions:
One of the most incredible private collections of baseball memorabilia the world has ever seen.

“Uncle Jimmy,” had a collection of more than 1,000 vintage baseball cards and collectibles that is expected to fetch up to several million dollars at auction.

Perhaps the most desirable card in Micioni’s collection is a signed Babe Ruth card from 1933, which is likely to sell for more than $100,000.

Uncle Jimmy had six of them, all hand-signed by the “Great Bambino” himself.
Hey, look what I found

Grumpy

Ex threw my baseball collection out, lot of 40s,50s and 60s cards. Most of the 40s/50s cards were dupes given to me by my neighbor whose collection was huge, cigarette cards from the early 1900s through the 50s. Only card I would have liked to still have is a 1960s autographed baseball card of Tommy Brown (former MD Terp in FB and BB). Unique for the fact that he was drafted by the Senators, played 2 or 3 seasons and never solved hitting a curve, then went to the Green Packers as a DB, believe he played in the 1st two Superbowls.