Minimum Wage

Freefaller

I know that the minimum wage is going up to $11.00 per hour. Does this include the wages for tipped employees like waiters and waitresses?

black dog

Free America
They
I know that the minimum wage is going up to $11.00 per hour. Does this include the wages for tipped employees like waiters and waitresses?
They always have made minimum wage with tips included in their hourly pay.
If they dont average out at minimum wage at the end of the pay period the employer is supposed to makeup the difference.
Now in reality, most employers dont, because most tipped employees dont claim most of the cash tips they get.

transporter

Yeah...THIS is the place to ask a question like that.

By all means:

DON'T search for Maryland Minimum wage in your browser.

DON'T check out the Maryland Department of Labor website.

DON'T ask your payroll service.

No DON't do any of those common sense, intelligent type of things.....instead post your question on an internet forum!! :doh:

SamSpade

Apparently Hessian peed in Trannys corn flakes this morning by having the audacity to post.

:lmao:

Because trans didn't or doesn't notice or realize a few things --

1. Poster GOT the answer they wanted
  2. Trans did exactly what she claimed others would do - provide NO information on the subject (other than vague suggestions)
  3. Doesn't grasp that MANY of us know each other in real life, and thus it's no different than leaning back and asking the personat the next desk or sitting next to you "hey do you know..." - you know - because unlike trans, we're actually FRIENDS.
  4. Trans ACTUALLY takes the time to write a post that does absolutely nothing to answer the question.
  5. And true to form, MUST include insults to yet another poster she doesn't know at all.
Just waiting to see someone ask questions about the fare at a new restaurant only to see swift condemnation telling the poster to get off their ass and go find out for themselves