Minneapolis Cop kneels on man's neck; man dies

Chris0nllyn

A video taken by an onlooker Monday evening shows a Minneapolis police officer keeping his knee on the neck of a motionless, moaning man at the foot of a squad car. The man later died.

A police statement said officers were responding to a "forgery in progress."

"Officers were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a blue car and appeared to be under the influence," the statement said. "Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car.

"After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance," according to the statement.
Two of the officers involved have been "relieved of duty status," Arradondo said. The officers are still receiving pay, but have no law enforcement duties.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/minneapolis-police-fatal-arrest-officer-kneeling-neck-man-died/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Video Showing Black Man Killed During Arrest; Mayor Gives Impassioned Statement

“This officer failed in the most basic, human sense,” he stressed. “What happened in Chicago and 38th last night is awful. It was traumatic. It serves as a reminder of how far we have to go.”

“For the better part of the night, I’ve been trying to find the words to describe what happened,” said the mayor. “All I keep coming back to is this: this man should not have died. What we saw is horrible. Completely and utterly messed up. The man’s life matters. He matters. He was someone’s son, someone’s family member, someone’s friend. He was a human being and his life mattered.”

“Whatever the investigation reveals, it does not change the simple truth: he should still be with us this morning,” Frey added. “I believe what I saw and what I saw is wrong on every level. This does not reflect the values [Police Chief Medaria] Arradondo has worked tirelessly to fulfill. To our Black community, to the family: I’m so sorry.”

High-profile lawyer Benjamin Crump, who has taken on other major cases, including Ahmaud Arbery’s, announced Tuesday that he has been retained by the Floyd family and has condemned the actions of the officers as “not only police brutality” but “murder.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ah burn the city down ....... that's the same place a Somali Immigrant Cop killed that Australian Woman

Reactions: BOP

herb749

I would just like to know if there are Caucasian people treated the same way and die, why their story never reaches the news.

When will be tire or rise up to the media to say how about the other stories. Or are only black people killed by cops.

Chris0nllyn

I would just like to know if there are Caucasian people treated the same way and die, why their story never reaches the news.

When will be tire or rise up to the media to say how about the other stories. Or are only black people killed by cops.

Never?

Ever heard of Kelly Thomas?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Drunk shitbag engaging in fraud, fights with cops, they restrain him....and wow, that could seriously happen to any of us!

FYI, that's what all the scum say when a cop tries to restrain them: "I can't breathe!" What's the cop supposed to do, go, "Oh, well, okay..." and cut him loose?

So yeah, you all go ahead and weep that we've lost such a fine upstanding member of our community. Fire all those bastard cops so they'll leave our Citizen of the Year alone.

:rolleyes:

glhs837

Power with Control
Drunk shitbag engaging in fraud, fights with cops, they restrain him....and wow, that could seriously happen to any of us!

FYI, that's what all the scum say when a cop tries to restrain them: "I can't breathe!" What's the cop supposed to do, go, "Oh, well, okay..." and cut him loose?

So yeah, you all go ahead and weep that we've lost such a fine upstanding member of our community. Fire all those bastard cops so they'll leave our Citizen of the Year alone.

:rolleyes:

Vrai, there you go with taking things a simple two path choice.

1. He was restrained with handcuffs. Officers receive a lot of training in how to force compliance from cuffed subjects.
  2. There are restraint options between knee on the neck and "Sorry, Sir, here you go, you are free to leave". Maybe ziptie his ankles? Kneel between his shoulder blades?
  3. Weeping and calling him an upstanding citizen? Why ascribe to your opposition positions they haven't expressed? He was drunk and fighting the cops. Pretty sure that's not a capital offense. But he died anyway becuase he pissed off the cops.

Chris0nllyn

1. He was restrained with handcuffs. Officers receive a lot of training in how to force compliance from cuffed subjects.
  2. There are restraint options between knee on the neck and "Sorry, Sir, here you go, you are free to leave". Maybe ziptie his ankles? Kneel between his shoulder blades?
  3. Weeping and calling him an upstanding citizen? Why ascribe to your opposition positions they haven't expressed? He was drunk and fighting the cops. Pretty sure that's not a capital offense. But he died anyway becuase he pissed off the cops.

He was handcuffed, on the ground, subdued for 10 minutes. For 10 minutes the officer knelt on his neck and choked the life out of him. 4 minutes in, the guy wasn't moving.

I'm sure the dept. will sat it was lack of training of some other stupid chit, but this is the result of ego and chain of command. The officer was not about to listen to some member of the public about police work. Remember, we rubes/civilians don't know what it's like to be an officer so we have no room to pass judgement, criticize, or offer any sort of thought into their actions.

The public was asking the guy who serves them to check the guy's pulse as he was no longer moving. The officer pulled out pepper spray and another officer gets on crowd control. The crowd control officer sat idly by while his thin blue line buddy killed another man. I think they only way they sleep at night is justifying it the way Vrai did.

The guy had no weapons. Police made condescending comments about not doing drugs. Other officers showed up, checked his pulse, then walked away.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Directed not specifically at you, GLHS, but all the Sallies sniffling over this story:

Who gives a crap about this? Do you really weep your ass off for drunk shitbag criminals who fight with cops when they get busted?

That is a real question.

What exactly are you so upset about? Are you sorry this guy isn't still alive to continue his drunken crimes? Do you wish there were more of him? Wanna move him in next door to you, maybe let him house-sit when you go on vacation?

Seriously, I do not care about these people. For every one the cops exterminate, there are about 1000 more to take their place. It's not like there's a shortage.

What are you going to do when you successfully eliminate police officers as a viable career? What freaking person with any capability would want that job? Would YOU want to be a cop in some festering metropolitan shithole where not only do you have to deal with these people every single day, but then you have to put up with being raked in the media when you anything more than french kiss their ass?

I'm so tired of armchair quarterbacks. Go do the ****ing job yourself if you don't like the way the cops do it.

Hijinx

I am the one accused of being a racist here, but even I can see some really stupid actions here.
The man was begging, the crowd was begging and this officer did not let up on the guy.
The fact that he STOPPED breathing is a pretty good indication that he was having trouble breathing.
I don't know the facts I have to question what they did when they saw he wasn't breathing.
Did they try CPR on the guy? How long before an ambulance arrived.?
Did they try to help him in any way when they actually realized the guy had croaked?

I am not prone to feeling sorry for people that get themselves in trouble with the law, but I have to say I wouldn't treat a dog like this and in the other Post people are pissed that the girl was pulling her dog on a leash.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He is a Citizen entitled to DUE PROCESS, not execution after he was subdued

Explain something to me:

6,700 people die in this country, on average, every day. Why do you care about this one single guy? What is so important about him that he is all over the news, being argued about all over the internet, and millions of Americans know his situation?

That's a real question, and I am interested in your answer: why is this guy getting so much ink when 6,699 other people died that day and we'll never hear a word about them? Why do so many care about this man, when any number of beloved grandmothers died on the same day and you're all like, yeah, **** her?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
6,700 people die in this country, on average, every day.

Were they EXECUTED By the State ..... ya know those fascists telling everyone to wear a mask ....

we already had a cop in NYC go off on a guy over a face covering

you care about that woman from Australia gunned down by a cop ... hey she was only one of 6700