Minneapolis Cop kneels on man's neck; man dies

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Were they EXECUTED By the State

So you believe the cop purposely killed that man? Like, 1st degree murder, just threw him down for no reason and stomped on his throat to kill him?

Is that what we're talking about here?

I'm seriously interested in this because I'm tired of people who knee-jerk react to whatever the media is trying to manipulate them into. So please explain what precisely you're so outraged about.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
you care about that woman from Australia gunned down by a cop ... hey she was only one of 6700

And PS, that's hardly the same thing. That woman wasn't committing a crime when she encountered the cop who killed her. In fact, she was trying to report a possible crime.

Does anybody have an A game they can bring to this discussion? Because I would honestly like to know why we give a damn when some shitbag dies in the course of their arrest.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So you believe the cop purposely killed that man? Like, 1st degree murder, just threw him down for no reason and stomped on his throat to kill him?

Did I say that ...... Yeah the guy resisted ..... But, The dude was on the ground subdued, the cop choked the life out of him with a knee on his throat over 8 minuets .... the guy is BEGGING FOR HIS LIFE I cannot Breathe ..... at some point this passes from subduing a resisting criminal to state sanctioned murder ...

Clearly a threat to no one, the cops could have pulled him up off of the pavement and put him in the squad car ....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did I say that ......

You said "executed". You also said "state sanctioned murder". That typically indicates premeditation and willful killing. So yes, you said that.

Clearly a threat to no one

How do you know that? Were you there?

Anyway, now I've lost interest and am going to float. I may or may not revisit this topic - it depends on if someone has anything interesting to contribute.

black dog

Free America
Does anybody have an A game they can bring to this discussion? Because I would honestly like to know why we give a damn when some shitbag dies in the course of their arrest.

Because in this country we are innocent until we are proven guilty, thats why....

Lets see what the autopsy says for starters...

My prediction is,,,,,
I will predict that excited delirium and positional asphyxiation are going to be hot topics in Minneapolis for awhile. This is not new information. You don't hold people down on their stomachs. Once control has been established, you sit them up or lay them on their side. This guy was obviously not fighting any longer, and I can't think of any valid reason I would accept as to why he still needed to be held down, why he was not put into the "recovery position" or into a seated position, and how many different ways they violated their own training and procedures. I don't know, but I bet that's also the reason for the swift firing. Failure to follow procedures, not a criminal act (although that doesn't preclude criminal charges as more information comes to light).

Hank

my war
Because in this country we are innocent until we are proven guilty, thats why....

Lets see what the autopsy says for starters...

My prediction is,,,,,
I will predict that excited delirium and positional asphyxiation are going to be hot topics in Minneapolis for awhile. This is not new information. You don't hold people down on their stomachs. Once control has been established, you sit them up or lay them on their side. This guy was obviously not fighting any longer, and I can't think of any valid reason I would accept as to why he still needed to be held down, why he was not put into the "recovery position" or into a seated position, and how many different ways they violated their own training and procedures. I don't know, but I bet that's also the reason for the swift firing. Failure to follow procedures, not a criminal act (although that doesn't preclude criminal charges as more information comes to light).

Yup. That procedure of restraint was violated. That is not a restraint procedure they are trained with.. Even my law enforcement friends as well as other Officer's quotes I have seen are appalled at what happened to this guy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You said "executed". You also said "state sanctioned murder". That typically indicates premeditation and willful killing. So yes, you said that.

That is YOUR Interpretation ......

Did I say that ...... Yeah the guy resisted ..... But, The dude was on the ground subdued, the cop choked the life out of him with a knee on his throat over 8 minuets .... the guy is BEGGING FOR HIS LIFE I cannot Breathe ..... at some point this passes from subduing a resisting criminal to state sanctioned murder ...

Were You ?

Toxick

Splat
I would just like to know if there are Caucasian people treated the same way and die, why their story never reaches the news.

I was unaware it was a ****ing contest.

The fact that ANYONE is treated this way by the police is a travesty, and if justice was swift and sure - as it should be - this crap would end.

However, I will say this - yes. Caucasian people are treated this way. (Don't know about the death count comparison). The reason I know this is because every time a high profile case comes around where an African American is the victim of filthy pig scumbag ****ing cops, every goddam redneck I've ever met floods my facebook page with the same 5 or 6 cases where a caucasian was mistreated by the police. As if it somehow justifies the current trending story.

Hank

my war

Anyway, now I've lost interest and am going to float. I may or may not revisit this topic - it depends on if someone has anything interesting to contribute.

ha ha ha... you act like you or what you say is deemed interesting!! Too funny! Your ego is fascinating!

DaSDGuy

For purely informational purposes - the human vocal cords will not function unless air is passed over them. In other words, if you are not breathing the vocal cords will make no sound. Also, if you are saying "I can't breath", you are, in fact, breathing. Now, when pressure is applied to your throat it is very uncomfortable, but if you can speak, you can breath.

Hank

my war
For purely informational purposes - the human vocal cords will not function unless air is passed over them. In other words, if you are not breathing the vocal cords will make no sound. Also, if you are saying "I can't breath", you are, in fact, breathing. Now, when pressure is applied to your throat it is very uncomfortable, but if you can speak, you can breath.

Ok. And he stopped speaking/breathing.... The cop stayed on him for a good 5 or more minutes after his last words.... So what's your point? Not to mention it looked like the murdering cop was enjoying it.

Chris0nllyn

And PS, that's hardly the same thing. That woman wasn't committing a crime when she encountered the cop who killed her. In fact, she was trying to report a possible crime.

Let's be honest, Vrai. No one is going to say anything that will remotely change your mind. You can act like it, but when you craft the narrative as you are, you clearly aren't interested in any meaningful debate. You don't want to hear another side, you only want people to agree with you.

You can come on here and bitch all day about fascists and media manipulation, but fail to see you being manipulated by the very folks tasked with enforcing the fascist Governor's orders. They are willing to beat people for not wearing masks and you act like this is some random story we haven't heard before.

You allow yourself to be manipulated because every time something like this happens, the police come out and say "well, the guy was a criminal" as if that somehow justifies their actions, and you eat it up. "I don't care if some criminal gets killed!" while ignoring the systemic problems these incidents highlight. The mindset that "everyone we encounter is a potential killer" is what got that Australian woman killed. The "reach for your gun first" reaction to being scared is what got that woman killed. Those mindsets are ingrained into police officer's heads from Day 1. Anyone could be out to kill you. While true, stats show it's not the case and the vast majority, despite what you think, of the people they come in contact with do not want to harm them, but feel they mus the polite or risk getting the crap beat out of them, or a ticket, or some other retribution. None of that is based on law. That's driven by ego and there is nothing in our justice system that appears to be in place to prevent negligent behavior justified by a carefully-worded press release and taxpayer-funded lawyers.

glhs837

Power with Control
Directed not specifically at you, GLHS, but all the Sallies sniffling over this story:

Who gives a crap about this? Do you really weep your ass off for drunk shitbag criminals who fight with cops when they get busted?

That is a real question.

What exactly are you so upset about? Are you sorry this guy isn't still alive to continue his drunken crimes? Do you wish there were more of him? Wanna move him in next door to you, maybe let him house-sit when you go on vacation?

Seriously, I do not care about these people. For every one the cops exterminate, there are about 1000 more to take their place. It's not like there's a shortage.

What are you going to do when you successfully eliminate police officers as a viable career? What freaking person with any capability would want that job? Would YOU want to be a cop in some festering metropolitan shithole where not only do you have to deal with these people every single day, but then you have to put up with being raked in the media when you anything more than french kiss their ass?

I'm so tired of armchair quarterbacks. Go do the ****ing job yourself if you don't like the way the cops do it.

Weeping asses off? See, again, nobody is wailing and rending and tearing. We are pointing out that officers job is to restrain and deliver to the system a breathing suspect. Not to kill him because he's stubborn. Officers are granted powers, and they accept the responsibility to not abuse that power. Here, they did. Read this.......

http://www.unprecedentedmediocrity....5MEdH5Kf4fP9zvGEutAvvxy7Wg4LPoCyFBJLAIrpb8VMo

Chris0nllyn

Weeping asses off? See, again, nobody is wailing and rending and tearing. We are pointing out that officers job is to restrain and deliver to the system a breathing suspect. Not to kill him because he's stubborn. Officers are granted powers, and they accept the responsibility to not abuse that power. Here, they did. Read this.......

http://www.unprecedentedmediocrity....5MEdH5Kf4fP9zvGEutAvvxy7Wg4LPoCyFBJLAIrpb8VMo

"I'm not reading that progbot garbage your media masters told you to read"

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

herb749

I was unaware it was a ****ing contest.

The fact that ANYONE is treated this way by the police is a travesty, and if justice was swift and sure - as it should be - this crap would end.

However, I will say this - yes. Caucasian people are treated this way. (Don't know about the death count comparison). The reason I know this is because every time a high profile case comes around where an African American is the victim of filthy pig scumbag ****ing cops, every goddam redneck I've ever met floods my facebook page with the same 5 or 6 cases where a caucasian was mistreated by the police. As if it somehow justifies the current trending story.

It is a travesty that someone died. My point is why are these the only ones you see. Rile up the masses, get viewers eyes watching. Good for the ad people. The media gets weeks of good ratings off this. I'm faulting their BS.