Minneapolis Cop kneels on man's neck; man dies

luvmygdaughters

Would this have made the news if it was a white person killed by the police? I am in no way defending the cops who did this, but, the media pushes the racial agenda as far as they can. What about the black cop, I believe it was in PG county, who shot the guy handcuffed in his backseat 4 times!! It was on the news for 3 minutes and then boom, nothing else. Was it because a black cop shot a black criminal?? Like I said, not defending the cops, they were absolutely wrong, just the media who manipulates public.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Interesting, "Who Killed", guilty, normally they say the accused killer. Guess he's guilty before any evidence other than a video is presented.

Well, he's right on video with his knee on the guy's throat, definitely killed him. What they're determining now is whether it was a justified or accidental killing, or if he outright murdered the guy.

Toxick

Splat
I'm reserving judgement because I'm not LE, I don't know that this isn't an approved restraint tactic.

I'm not LE either - but I know four relevant facts of life that cause me to be as judgmental as I wanna be:

1. A knee is somone's neck causes a lack of oxygen to the brain.
  2. Lack of oxygen to the brain is fatal
  3. When someone becomes unresponsive, they are no longer a threat.
  4. When someone is no longer a threat, lethal force is not required UNACCEPTABLE.

That's all I need to know.

I couldn't give less of a crap, even if I put forth the effort, if that's an approved tactic. That cop is a murderer.

Signed:
Judgey McJudgerson, Esq.

Edit: Changed the last point to better reflect my opinion.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Well, he's right on video with his knee on the guy's throat, definitely killed him. What they're determining now is whether it was a justified or accidental killing, or if he outright murdered the guy.
In the Eric Garner case, which was raised by the social justice warriors, Eric Garner did not die as a direct result of the choke hold, he wasn't choked to death. Rather it trigger a medical condition - asthma and he died from an acute asthma attack.
Normally when you are choking your voice is the first thing to go, then you pass out for lack of oxygen to the brain. It's not a quick death as they show in the movies. Like a drowning victim, they can be revived if treated quickly.

herb749

There were cops in the building when they were lighting it on fire. That’s Wouldn’t have been shooting someone over property in my book.

No, it would have been murder if anyone inside couldn't get out. Gee, I guess the thugs didn't care about that.

herb749

There are a lot of things you learn in sports such as wrestling (not to be confused with wraslin), football, basketball and martial arts.
Leverage and a little pain usually get people to move and to stop resisting.
If you look at the video for example, his shin is along the jaw line to keep the persons head down and turned away from him.
It makes it really hard to get up or rollover that way and protects the officer from getting bitten and spit on.
I don't know if it's approved or not, but I do know this, if the general rule of thumb about being choked is if you can can shout it out, you aren't being choked.
What we haven't heard or at least I haven't heard or read is why they were detaining him and why he was resisting.

I do see a disturbing trend, and you see it locally. You get stopped and then make a scene, which gets a crowd, now you have someone who is acting out for what is most likely a friendly audience. Cops have two choices, release the subject and depart the scene or try to prosecute the arrest as quickly as possible. Knowing that every mF'r with a phone is recording it along with body cameras.
The phone videos are going on out social media right away, but you don't know if they have been edited - more than likely they don't have the stop from the beginning so context is removed.

That's why a lot of cops are saying , screw it, I don't need this crap. You do your job to the letter of the law, and here comes an edited video showing you doing something wrong. Cities are going to be war zones because the cops feel they can't do their jobs.

BernieP

Resident PIA
BTW
The cop had a record. On the surface none of the complaints show him to be racist, a bit heavy handed. He was involved in a couple of shootings where an armed suspect was killed.
The deceased was a big guy, he's of course being painted as a saint. But that's how these things go.
Really find it distasteful to piecemeal out the information and slant it to fit an agenda.
The victim typically doesn't have their dirty laundry aired right away, usually that comes about as a result of an investigation and I can understand not wanting to upset the family. But like all stories, there are many points of view and that video is just a small window.
We don't know what initiated it and how it got to the point of him kneeling on his neck.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's why a lot of cops are saying , screw it, I don't need this crap. You do your job to the letter of the law, and here comes an edited video showing you doing something wrong. Cities are going to be war zones because the cops feel they can't do their jobs.
Did you see the report of the arrest on Chancellors Run Rd the other night.
Obstructing and Hindering/Resist Arrest- On May 18, 2020, Cpl. Tirpak responded to the 22600 block of Chancellors Run Road in California, for the reported motor vehicle accident. Contact was made with Diontae Jai Shorter, age 23 of Lexington Park. Shorter was the operator of the vehicle involved in the accident, and during the investigation he became belligerent and entered the roadway creating a disturbance. Shorter's actions caused many citizens driving by to stop and observe what was taking place. Shorter was ordered to cease his actions, however he continued creating a disturbance. Shorter was advised he was under arrest, at which time he began walking away from officers on scene and and he actively resisted being placed in handcuffs. Shorter was taken into custody and charged with Obstructing and Hindering, Disorderly Conduct, Fail to Obey a Reasonable/Lawful Order, and Resist/Interfere with Arrest. CASE# 30956-20

Diontae Jai Shorter

The longer events like this go on, the bigger the crowd. Often triggered by people on scene using their cell phone to alert others to the story.
Next thing you know family and friends of the person being arrested are on scene and yelling at the cops.
Which gives the perp more reason to act out.

At some point, and I know we can't say it without being labeled a racist, someone has to say physically resisting arrest has to stop, you either let the law work it out or we have anarchy.

As it is, I see us heading to anarchy, I am starting to wear the foil hate and suspect that people want a racial / economic divide.
At that point the constitution goes out the window and it opens it up to a dictatorship or one party rule.
Where you either conform to the party or you disappear to be "re-educated".

We have people out there wanting to disarm the police, tell them to not use force to subdue or apprehend a subject.
Life imitating art, watch the movie Demolition Man.

black dog

Free America
There were cops in the building when they were lighting it on fire. That’s Wouldn’t have been shooting someone over property in my book.
I'll post this again, read it slower this time and maybe you will grasp it.

THE BUILDING AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROPERTY...
AND MINNESOTA IS A DUTY TO RETREAT STATE...... ITS NOT STAND YOUR GROUND...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jonathan McCall is a San Francisco news anchor, not some random tweet person.

The family is apparently getting an independent autopsy.

Scat

“An official autopsy revealed nothing to support strangulation as the cause of death, concluding that the combined effects of being restrained, potential intoxicants in Floyd’s system and his underlying health issues, including heart disease, likely contributed to his death.”
https://www.foxnews.com/us/george-floyd-family-enlists-dr-michael-baden-to-perform-second-autopsy