Minneapolis On Fire! Typical....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The looting does nothing to help the African American cause to solve issues like the Floyd incident as it plays to stereotypes, re: behavior. Yet, it was interesting (to use a word) to see so many non-African Americans join in on the looting (at least in the number of videos I saw). So a part of the rioting/looting (I don't know the percentage) certainly has an underlying Antifa anarchist base.
Minneapolis is 64% white, a city with a population of roughly 430,000. I haven't seen any riot videos, just seen a few still photos. I highly doubt the number of non blacks rioting is 64%. Not even 32%.

Now if the Twins won the world series, then any mob that gathered and started rioting, that crowd would be at or above 64% white. Sports celebratory rioting is for some reason part of causcasian DNA, not rioting for social justice(free stuff code).

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Minneapolis is 64% white, a city with a population of roughly 430,000. I haven't seen any riot videos, just seen a few still photos. I highly doubt the number of non blacks rioting is 64%. Not even 32%.

Now if the Twins won the world series, then any mob that gathered and started rioting, that crowd would be at or above 64% white. Sports celebratory rioting is for some reason part of causcasian DNA, not rioting for social justice(free stuff code).
I concede that the videos I've been seeing may not be representative, but the ratio in several I've seen has been at least a third "white" (i.e., non-African American). Of these videos, what I saw were whites (well, at least, non-African Americans) in their 20s joining in (exactly right for the Antifa demographic) in a city that is becoming more like Portland by the day and thus, to my mind, more hospitable to the Antifa mindset (i.e., attracting Antifa like San Francisco attracts the homeless).

So not saying certain groups aren't using Floyd as a pretext for looting, only saying that there was/is a different element in play as well (i.e., anarchist) that joined in in the looting/rioting/destroying. And as I type I'm watching Cavuto and the video they just showed of the area near Target (that apparently is still being looted!) is filled with protesters who are overwhelmingly young and overwhelmingly white.

FWIW

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yet, it was interesting (to use a word) to see so many non-African Americans join in on the looting (at least in the number of videos I saw).

Tim Pool was talking about Ferguson and the Riots [ he was there reporting ]

..... the locals in Ferguson were saying the ' looters ' were outside opportunistic rogues

OmyGawd

Why is it that they want social justice, but all they can do is loot, riot, and destroy their own neighborhoods and yet once they are done, they want nthe government to fix the their destroyed neighborhood? You can't have it both ways

Hijinx

Yes you can have it both ways. The Government will help to fix their destroyed neighborhoods.

WingsOfGold

The negros are burning the police station down!
Flounder-Stephen-Furst-610x458.jpg

SamSpade

You know - I am trying to understand this. Even MLK recognized - but did not condone - that riots happen when groups of people sense they are not being heard. I have been, at differing points in my life, part of a group frustrated by a lack of compassion or acceptance in the larger population - but never one I thought was being purposely OPPRESSED. So I don't have a lot of perspective.

But we now have violence across the nation in major cities where people may sense oppression but are not at all remotely affected by the behavior of the Minneapolis Police Department. And had this not made the nightly news - often - they wouldn't be rioting in LA, Denver, Phoenix, Memphis, Louisville and Columbus. This "reaction". It is fomenting hatred. And there's certainly a great deal of opportunism.

I feel bad for the shop owners and employees of stores where they won't be going to work for a while - if at all - because someone feeling all enraged decided to take it out on their storefront. I read where one shop owner was pleading with someone who was taking a hammer to the window of his shop. He hadn't done anything.

People are being stoked and encouraged into violence to make a political statement FOR THEM. Why do I say this? Because this crap happens all the damned time, and in two months, most people will say who the hell is George Floyd? As always - you are being manipulated. If you cave into it, sucks to be you.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I feel bad for the shop owners and employees of stores where they won't be going to work for a while - if at all - because someone feeling all enraged decided to take it out on their storefront. I read where one shop owner was pleading with someone who was taking a hammer to the window of his shop. He hadn't done anything.

Yep destroying local business ..... Target doesn't care or Auto Zone ....

Yooper

People are being stoked and encouraged into violence to make a political statement FOR THEM.
What's disappointing is how this may be spreading...like a virus even (how ironic!). Louisville, KY apparently is now seeing some of this unhealthy protesting.

Okay, back to your point, Sam. Well said. What did Jakob Frey think was going to happen when he came right out and said the police officers need to be charged with murder. Talk about an accelerant!

Frey probably thought he was showing solidarity with the protesters, but it was mayoral malpractice. If I were a local business owner whose business was impacted by this mess I would be looking for lawyers to sue him and the city of Minneapolis.

Speaking of lawyers, Frey may have given the POs' defense lawyers (when they are charged) a solid motion (or motions), re: a fair trial. Further, I have no doubt the defense lawyers will also cite the ridiculous lock-down imposed by MN's - yup - Dem governor as an additional reason why the POs acted as they did: they are just as tired as the front-line health care workers are in places like NY (I mention NY because there are virtually no COVID deaths outside of nursing homes in MN). No doubt, the lawyers will claim, the police have been fried trying to enforce the gov's draconian and ill-advised lock-down. In other words, tempers and patience were already at the fraying point (to be clear, I'm NOT saying this is what I believe).

One last point, re: those (mostly on the Left) who are giving the looters a free pass because of "historical oppression." I get it; they are trying to make the case that these are crimes of passion. But that logic just doesn't hold up (from multiple angles and on multiple levels). And I laugh (cynically) when I see these folks who very vocally criticized peaceful protest by (mostly) the Right for not wearing masks and not social distancing saying zilch about the same lack of anti-COVID practice during this protest/looting/violence. Apparently, historical oppression beats COVID-19 more than sunlight! Whodathunkit?

We made it through the second half of the 1960s/first few years of the 1970s.... I hope we can make it through this.

--- End of line (MCP)

Reactions: BOP

Midnightrider

I concede that the videos I've been seeing may not be representative, but the ratio in several I've seen has been at least a third "white" (i.e., non-African American). Of these videos, what I saw were whites (well, at least, non-African Americans) in their 20s joining in (exactly right for the Antifa demographic) in a city that is becoming more like Portland by the day and thus, to my mind, more hospitable to the Antifa mindset (i.e., attracting Antifa like San Francisco attracts the homeless).

So not saying certain groups aren't using Floyd as a pretext for looting, only saying that there was/is a different element in play as well (i.e., anarchist) that joined in in the looting/rioting/destroying. And as I type I'm watching Cavuto and the video they just showed of the area near Target (that apparently is still being looted!) is filled with protesters who are overwhelmingly young and overwhelmingly white.

FWIW

--- End of line (MCP)
That’s about what I saw last night too. 1/3 to 1/2 were whites and the guys doing the most to burn the Police Station down were white. Most of the people on the street were treating it like it was the county fair, taking pictures and just being outside in a group.

herb749

You know - I am trying to understand this. Even MLK recognized - but did not condone - that riots happen when groups of people sense they are not being heard. I have been, at differing points in my life, part of a group frustrated by a lack of compassion or acceptance in the larger population - but never one I thought was being purposely OPPRESSED. So I don't have a lot of perspective.

But we now have violence across the nation in major cities where people may sense oppression but are not at all remotely affected by the behavior of the Minneapolis Police Department. And had this not made the nightly news - often - they wouldn't be rioting in LA, Denver, Phoenix, Memphis, Louisville and Columbus. This "reaction". It is fomenting hatred. And there's certainly a great deal of opportunism.

People are being stoked and encouraged into violence to make a political statement FOR THEM. Why do I say this? Because this crap happens all the damned time, and in two months, most people will say who the hell is George Floyd? As always - you are being manipulated. If you cave into it, sucks to be you.

The manipulators will not let us forget. With the one week, two weeks, one month, etc reminder. Get ready for a few Aubrey story reminders. Can't lose sight of that one either.

herb749

That’s about what I saw last night too. 1/3 to 1/2 were whites and the guys doing the most to burn the Police Station down were white. Most of the people on the street were treating it like it was the county fair, taking pictures and just being outside in a group.

Get ready for a Coronavirus spike . :razz:

Yooper

Get ready for a few Aubrey story reminders.
Honestly, I have no issues with this as at least some of the reminders will be appropriate.

What happened to Floyd was every bit as disproportional as to what happened to Aubrey (regardless of what either MAY have done to cause the response). So I would expect the two stories to be connected. And I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing (to be clear, not saying that you do).

--- End of line (MCP)

herb749

Honestly, I have no issues with this as at least some of the reminders will be appropriate.

What happened to Floyd was every bit as disproportional as to what happened to Aubrey (regardless of what either MAY have done to cause the response). So I would expect the two stories to be connected. And I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing (to be clear, not saying that you do).

--- End of line (MCP)

I'm saying the people involved with that case will remind, don't forget about us. They may feel shoved aside for this incident.