Mirant fish hatchery

photo

I am trying to find a contact person at Mirant. To my understanding and from looking at their web-site, they maintain a fish hatchery at their Chalk Point location. My daughter is looking about a dozen small Rockfish for a high school project. After the project is completed the fish would be released into the river unharmed. The company web site only has DC contact info and couldn’t find any E-mail address. Thanks in advance for your help

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I am trying to find a contact person at Mirant. To my understanding and from looking at their web-site, they maintain a fish hatchery at their Chalk Point location. My daughter is looking about a dozen small Rockfish for a high school project. After the project is completed the fish would be released into the river unharmed. The company web site only has DC contact info and couldn’t find any E-mail address. Thanks in advance for your help

Not sure if Mirant can help you or not as their aquaculture facility is summer only, but you might try contacting the Chesapeake Biological Lab over in Solomons or at their site Chesapeake Biological Laboratory | The University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science

friendtofishes

Also

She , or you, should check with Natural Resources. In many states it is illegal to release captive fish back into the wild. Calvert Marine Museum may also be a good source of information for her project and where to obtain the fish she needs or a place for the fish to go when she is done.