Misc minor roof related work

Legacy

Have a couple of roof related items that need attention: Repair of two chimney concrete caps and a new seal installed on the roof waste vent pipe.

Location is Charlotte Hall.

Would appreciate any recommendations for a good repair person to do these jobs.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Have a couple of roof related items that need attention: Repair of two chimney concrete caps and a new seal installed on the roof waste vent pipe.

Location is Charlotte Hall.

Would appreciate any recommendations for a good repair person to do these jobs.
Are you a capable 'Do It Yourselfer'? If so, these are fairly easy items to address without spending lots of money to have someone do for you. Just asking in a friendly way.

Legacy

To answer your question, yes I am a capable "Do it yourselfer". Work for a home builder in NJ and have done numerous home projects, including adding additions, finishing basements, replacing windows, etc. My issue right now is I'm having hip replacement surgery and can't get on the roof.

FED_UP

I hate going up on the roof, height is not my thing I guess, pretty steep roof too, I get way to nervous up there.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've used Bob Greene a few times, but for bigger jobs. Generally happy with their work, but you have to constantly double-check them.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

To answer your question, yes I am a capable "Do it yourselfer". Work for a home builder in NJ and have done numerous home projects, including adding additions, finishing basements, replacing windows, etc. My issue right now is I'm having hip replacement surgery and can't get on the roof.
No harm no foul. That's why I was asking in a friendly way. Mom had both hips replaced, one at at time of course. I wish you a speedy recovery.
But to answer your question? As others here have recommended, Roofing by George, or Bob Greene. Both are good and well respected, and just down the road from you.

FED_UP

Roof material is here finally, I called roofer over 14 days ago, he says maybe next week, well this is week 3, is it too hot out or do I need to find someone else?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Like many of the outdoor worker companies, they may be having trouble finding workers. Who wants to be on a hot roof in 100* sun when they can get paid for not working? Personally, I wouldn't want to be up there this week.

Call the roofer and get a real reason. Give him a timeline or goodbye.

FED_UP

Like many of the outdoor worker companies, they may be having trouble finding workers. Who wants to be on a hot roof in 100* sun when they can get paid for not working? Personally, I wouldn't want to be up there this week.

Call the roofer and get a real reason. Give him a timeline or goodbye.
Yep, was planning on calling today.

phreddyp

Roof material is here finally, I called roofer over 14 days ago, he says maybe next week, well this is week 3, is it too hot out or do I need to find someone else?
No its not too hot . It's way too friggin hot ! The shingles will melt and be made a mess of with them walking on them , if you are " LUCKY " enough to get a company to do the work in this heat.

FED_UP

No its not too hot . It's way too friggin hot ! The shingles will melt and be made a mess of with them walking on them , if you are " LUCKY " enough to get a company to do the work in this heat.
Yep your right, he said looking to start the end of next week when temps get in the 80s, pending storms.