Miss Blue is holding her own...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
...thus far. The transdermal ear cream seems to be keeping the effect of the injections of steroid and antibiotic going.

Yesterday's Out Time (over an hour), she was looking for the bunnies under our garden shed.
Posted herself by their bolt hole a good 15 - 20 minutes. The wood is there to keep her from trying to crawl under.

Buff decided he was going to spend time on the railing of the deck, 12' above ground level.

Handsome Mr. Cooper prefers that Outside, stays out.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hey all, brought the becoming semi-famous Miss Bonnie Blue in for a long release antibiotic shot today (have a concern about secondary infection). Have been rubbing a steroid cream in her ear every day, which is doing her good. She has regained 5 ounces since the visit last month.

Blue has also discovered the joy of a light colored cat sleeping on the dark, clean laundry.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Hey all, brought the becoming semi-famous Miss Bonnie Blue in for a long release antibiotic shot today (have a concern about secondary infection). Have been rubbing a steroid cream in her ear every day, which is doing her good. She has reagained 5 ounces since the visit last month.

Blue has also discovered the joy of a light colored cat sleeping on the dark, clean laundry.
View attachment 145209
Good to hear she's holding her own! ...and lol at the sleeping on the dark laundry! :lol: Cats will be cats! :D

littlelady

God bless the USA
Hey all, brought the becoming semi-famous Miss Bonnie Blue in for a long release antibiotic shot today (have a concern about secondary infection). Have been rubbing a steroid cream in her ear every day, which is doing her good. She has regained 5 ounces since the visit last month.

View attachment 145209

Go, Miss Bonnie Blue!!!!!!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I fear it is not good. 😓😓😓
The tumor has come back and Blue is not doing some of the basics on our Quality of Life checklist.
Looks like we will need to make that Hard, Loving Decision about the Final Kindness soon.

She did have a little Outside Time today, but it was close to sundown and not as pleasant as earlier.
If it's nice tomorrow, will see if she wants time in the sun.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The tumor has come back and Blue is not doing some of the basics on our Quality of Life checklist.
Looks like we will need to make that Hard, Loving Decision about the Final Kindness soon.

She did have a little Outside Time today, but it was close to sundown and not as pleasant as earlier.

Sorry to hear. Whatever happens, you gave Miss Blue a wonderful life. Always remember that. :huggy:

Bann

PREMO Member

:huggy:

mitzi

So sorry to hear :(

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I know from experience what a hard decision this is to make, but as littlelady said, you gave her a quality life since she's been in your care.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
While it is time, looks like tumor is now slowly seeping blood, Blue is making it hard.
Between two jaunts to the back yard today, over an hour Out.
She was in her favorite spot, the sun warmed pavers in front of the garden shed.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
She and Buff had a few social encounters, too,of course, noses undocked from each other just as I snapped the photo.

Bann

PREMO Member
:bawl: The morning we took our Simon to the vet for the last time, I was crying over him all morning. Even as we spent time on the couch together, I was dripping tears on him as I petted him. It's hard, but you all have obviously doted on and loved her and she knows that. :huggy:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I can say that I know how it feels many times, over. It hurts our hearts to say goodbye to our furry friends. You have gone above and beyond to give Miss Blue a wonderful life. :huggy:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Blue and Buff had more Outside time about an hour before sunset.
She spent much of the time in the small sunspot over her pavers.

Buff was running the rail on the raised deck. He's about 12 feet above ground level here.

luvmygdaughters

:bawl: The morning we took our Simon to the vet for the last time, I was crying over him all morning. Even as we spent time on the couch together, I was dripping tears on him as I petted him. It's hard, but you all have obviously doted on and loved her and she knows that. :huggy:
So sorry Bann. Its so hard to do the right thing sometimes. I'm sure your Simon had a wonderful life.:huggy:

luvmygdaughters

So sorry for you. As I've said before, this is the only time they break our hearts. :huggy:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I had to take our male on 2/10. We knew the end was near when he stopped purring. This cat would literally purr even if you just looked at him. If watching him take his last breath wasn't hard enough, I had to tell our youngest that he was gone and that ripped my heart out even more. At least my husband and oldest saw he wasn't doing well and made their peace beforehand. Our youngest knew it wouldn't be long but hadn't said his goodbyes.

luvmygdaughters

I had to take our male on 2/10. We knew the end was near when he stopped purring. This cat would literally purr even if you just looked at him. If watching him take his last breath wasn't hard enough, I had to tell our youngest that he was gone and that ripped my heart out even more. At least my husband and oldest saw he wasn't doing well and made their peace beforehand. Our youngest knew it wouldn't be long but hadn't said his goodbyes.
:huggy: