Miss World America strips title from pro-Trump Miss Michigan after she refused to wear a hijab

BOP

Zhu, who immigrated to the U.S. from China as a child, took to Twitter to say part of the reasoning was because she refused to “try on a hijab,” adding that MWA “accused me of being racist, Islamophobic, and insensitive”.

“Miss World America’s State/National/Chief Director accused me of being racist, Islamaphobic, and insensitive. They stripped me of my Miss Michigan title due to my refusal to try on a hijab in 2018, my tweet about black on black gun violence, and “insensitive” statistical tweets.”

See also: https://www.rt.com/usa/464557-miss-michigan-title-stripped/

Ardent Trump supporter Kathy Zhu has said she was stripped of a Miss World America title after the organizers took issue with her black-on-black violence tweet and her refusal to try on a hijab as part of a school activity.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Hope the young lady takes on a good lawyer/legal team.

And to add to the pain, I hope she/her lawyer team asks (read, "compels") the ACLU to assist in her law suits.

She's the type of immigrant we should be applauding and backing. Change my mind.

--- End of line (MCP)

Sapidus

A private organization can kick out anyone they want for violating their by laws. They most likely have a code of conduct in their terms she had to sign. If she was sending offensive tweets they can kick her out with no legal recourse.

But wats some money on a lawyer for no reason

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A private organization can kick out anyone they want for violating their by laws.

Be Specific what is racist about the following:

“Did you know that the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within you own community before blaming others.”

What is WRONG with refusing to wear a Hijab ?

Sapidus

Be Specific what is racist about the following:

“Did you know that the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within you own community before blaming others.”

What is WRONG with refusing to wear a Hijab ?

As usual you are getting outraged without all the facts. There are other tweets alluded to that she has deleted since.

Sapidus

You are projecting again, no one is outraged ..... YOU Posted no facts

So ya got nothing, and you are avoiding the question asked.

:yay:

Just read the article fully before you jump to conclusions.

Just like with Omar and the resolution that never mentioned Isreal you jump to conclusions and get outraged because Fox tells you to

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
The article provided in the OP clearly paints the event organizer(s) in a poor light.

If there are "tweets since deleted" it's reasonable that somebody would have screen shots of them. But haven't been able to find them. And, of course, if the pageant is dismissing her for tweets it must certainly have the goods. Right?

So I tend to agree with the reporting that she's (Zhu) has been unfairly dealt with by the "private organization."

Willing to change my mind, but at this point supporting Zhu. Not a #BelieveAllWomen moment/type of event, but could apply. As could #SupportLaborAgainstProfiteering&ExploitiveManagement, yes?

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The article provided in the OP clearly paints the event organizer(s) in a poor light.

We all know what this is .... Sappy is just being pedantic

However Miss World can operate as they want and we can point out the double standards

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You hit the nail on the head. It's hard to believe he can breath unassisted.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP