Missed this on here

transporter

With all the angst, hand wringing and wet panties on this site over the topic of "FAKE NEWS"...can someone explain why this item isn't being lamented on this site? Where is all the moral outrage??? Where are all the "patriots" proclaiming the unjust and biased stance of the media???

'Fox & Friends' accidentally shows graphic saying Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead

Comrade GURPS...the story is even posted on your favorite propaganda site:

SEE IT: Fox News Graphic Announces RBG Is Dead; Fox: 'Big Mistake'

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
With all the angst, hand wringing and wet panties on this site over the topic of "FAKE NEWS"...can someone explain why this item isn't being lamented on this site? Where is all the moral outrage??? Where are all the "patriots" proclaiming the unjust and biased stance of the media???

They goofed. Unfortunate.

They immediately realized the goof. Responsibility.

They apologized. Mature.

Done.

Looking fwd to you learning from this.

--- End of line (MCP)

SamSpade

(shrug) I don't watch them all the time. Trans' mentioning it is the first I heard about it.
You know, us sheeple who do nothing but watch FOX all the time.

So I looked it up. Yup. And they apologized.

When does CNN or MSNBC *ever* offer an apology?
Really like to see on their treatment of the Covington kids.

Hijinx

(shrug) I don't watch them all the time. Trans' mentioning it is the first I heard about it.
You know, us sheeple who do nothing but watch FOX all the time.

So I looked it up. Yup. And they apologized.

When does CNN or MSNBC *ever* offer an apology?
Really like to see on their treatment of the Covington kids.

Mark Twain:"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." -

I suppose a reported death of someone has happened before. Mistakes are made.
They get corrected and apologized for. What else can they do?

BOP

RBG is our era's Keith Moon: dead for years before he knew it.

black dog

Free America

Lets play a game, When have all of the other liberal media outlets lied and not admitted it was a lie and poor journalism????

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

With all the angst, hand wringing and wet panties on this site over the topic of "FAKE NEWS"...can someone explain why this item isn't being lamented on this site? Where is all the moral outrage??? Where are all the "patriots" proclaiming the unjust and biased stance of the media??? 'Fox & Friends' accidentally shows graphic saying Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead

I'm a go out on a limb here .... wishful thinking? Or that their seer (aka fortune teller, crystal gazer, clairvoyant, psychic), got it wrong.

But you know, if'in those founding fathers had put a mandatory retirement age, say 65 or 70, in the Constitution, or limit service to 20 years, this wouldn't even be a conversation.

BOP

If I may ...

I'm a go out on a limb here .... wishful thinking? Or that their seer (aka fortune teller, crystal gazer, clairvoyant, psychic), got it wrong.

But you know, if'in those founding fathers had put a mandatory retirement age, say 65 or 70, in the Constitution, or limit service to 20 years, this wouldn't even be a conversation.

I don't think most people lived that long back then, did they?

SamSpade

I don't think most people lived that long back then, did they?

Unless you're trying to be funny but....

Most people lived to that kind of age back then. The problem comes when people use
average or even median age to describe life then, because one absolute fact of times like
then was very high infant and childhood mortality. Even into recent history, infant and
childhood mortality rates were in the 30's. Even my own cursory reading of history shows
countless stories of historical figures and random people in my family tree having several
children, because so many died young.

Once you made it past a certain age, you were very likely to live a length of time in
that neighborhood of time.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Big difference and you know it, simpleton.

They apologized within minutes, I think it was the next segment after they came back from the commercials, actually. I didn't see the RBG slide, but I did hear the apology.

What shouuld they do? Take them out by firing squad? In the broadcast world, there are files (there is a specific name for them - might even be obit file or some such) on people who are knocking on death's door. That's no secret. How ever the Controller's fingers slipped while setting up those graphics modules is a complete mystery, but for FNC's hosts on FnF's that day - they apologized profusely. Not sure how that equates to the point you're trying to make. Oh, wait. It doesn't. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the Controller faced much more wrath and possibly disciplinary actions for making that mistake. FNC as a network, and FnF as a show did the right thing, and they did it immediately. :yay:

SamSpade

Big difference and you know it, simpleton.
They apologized within minutes, I think it was the next segment after they came back from the commercials, actually. I didn't see the RBG slide, but I did hear the apology.

Does Trans have ANY IDEA how many people have lived to see their obituary on TV or the papers?
Even Hillary has had this, on ABC no less although it was a verbal mistake when "Hillary's health" mistakenly was substituted
and mentioned as "Hillary's DEATH".

USUALLY it's celebrities - Nicholas Cage, Taylor Swift, The Rock, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Betty White (who at 97 is, amazingly, still alive).
Occasionally it's political figures, like poor John McCain, who's been declared dead more often than Rasputin.