Missing my second home..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My granddaughter is a year and two months old and chattering away like a monkey...and I still have not been able to go see her. My Norwegian family just posted these pics ...so I can feel even worse. ;-p

black dog

Free America
Nothing....well ..except for an iron-clad national shut down and a mandatory in-coming quarantine.
That just sucks,
sailing The Norwegian Sea is at the top of my retirement bucket list.
I want to see these massive pieces of stone I have seen in National Geo since I was a kid, like Faroe Island, Iceland and the coastlines of Norway and Sweden.
If I go out, may it be like a Viking Ship on Fire...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That just sucks,
sailing The Norwegian Sea is at the top of my retirement bucket list.
I want to see these massive pieces of stone I have seen in National Geo since I was a kid, like Faroe Island, Iceland and the coastlines of Norway and Sweden.
If I go out, may it be like a Viking Ship on Fire...
I've sailed every inch of the Norwegian coast from Tromso to Oslo, several times over. It's some of the most amazing scenery in the world, and I say that having traveled a good portion of the world.

UglyBear

If only you knew someone who makes purpose built specialized thingies that go on water... with addition of stealth capability, what lockdown? What quarantine? :getdown:

Joking aside, feel for you not seeing your grandkid . That truly sucks.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If only you knew someone who makes purpose built specialized thingies that go on water... with addition of stealth capability,

Like these?..the ones I helped design and build for the Norwegian navy and windfarm support?.... ;-p From left to right..the latest development, high speed windfarm crew transfer vessel (finished design effort in 2016)...the worlds fastest and largest mine countermeasure vessels (finished design effort in 1990) and the world's fastest warship, 65-knot fast attack craft carrying 8 anti-ship missiles..(finished initial design effort in 1997...updated for series production in 2001).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've sailed every inch of the Norwegian coast from Tromso to Oslo, several times over. It's some of the most amazing scenery in the world, and I say that having traveled a good portion of the world.
Slartibartfast got an award for the fjords.

Kinnakeet

My granddaughter is a year and two months old and chattering away like a monkey...and I still have not been able to go see her. My Norwegian family just posted these pics ...so I can feel even worse. ;-p

View attachment 157042 View attachment 157043 View attachment 157044
Do you and your children have a portal so they can see and talk to you..Thats how my wife and I see our grandchildren unless we fly to Fort Campbell to see them our Grand daughter is 4 and she calls at least 3 times a day after she figured out how to use it

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Do you and your children have a portal so they can see and talk to you..Thats how my wife and I see our grandchildren unless we fly to Fort Campbell to see them our Grand daughter is 4 and she calls at least 3 times a day after she figured out how to use it
We use snapchat regularly...