Mission creep

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ran by Target for olive oil this afternoon. $250 later...

It started with a rust colored slouchy cardigan - "Oh, isn't that cute!" and progressed from there. I ended up with:

a leather bag
2 oversized belts
a pair of jeans
a pair of shorts
2 dresses
the cardigan that started it all
4 stretch silk tank tops
3 shirts

:yahoo:

It started with a rust colored slouchy cardigan - "Oh, isn't that cute!" and progressed from there. I ended up with:

a leather bag
2 oversized belts
a pair of jeans
a pair of shorts
2 dresses
4 stretch silk tank tops
3 shirts

Doh! Looks like you forgot the olive oil!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now, if I had said, "You know, I need a new bag and a couple of dresses," then set out, I'd have never found anything I liked. My best clothing purchases are when I'm at the store for something else.

Severa

Common sense ain't common

a leather bag
2 oversized belts
a pair of jeans
a pair of shorts
2 dresses
4 stretch silk tank tops
3 shirts

You in a dress? Don't think I've ever SEEN you in a dress. (Course I can't say anything, I'm not much for dresses, either)

Sweet 16

^^8^^
My Target doesn't have anything left: no cute purses, no cute sweaters, nada, and all I ended up with was a new pair of undies :bawl: I guess they're between seasons. I go to other Targets and it's like I've hit the jackpot -- everything on sale and tons of cute stuff! I need to move.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You in a dress? Don't think I've ever SEEN you in a dress. (Course I can't say anything, I'm not much for dresses, either)

You and I don't ever go anywhere that a dress is required. I clean up quite nicely. :biggrin:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
See, if you'd gone to a grocery store, you'd have picked up your olive oil and left.

This is precisely why I really don't like "All in One Stores". There is too much temptation to buy something from every department, whether I need it or not. I hate going to Lowe's for this reason. I"m tempted to buy a new light fixture, new kitchen cabinets, a rug, and some plumbing doodad. I spend to much money there.

I prescribe to this thought: if I want a lightbulb, I need to go to a lightbulb store. If I want a new shower curtain, I need to go to a shower curtain store. If I want a can of artichoke hearts, I need to go to an artichoke heart store.

:yay:

smurfgirl

My Target doesn't have anything left: no cute purses, no cute sweaters, nada, and all I ended up with was a new pair of undies :bawl: I guess they're between seasons. I go to other Targets and it's like I've hit the jackpot -- everything on sale and tons of cute stuff! I need to move.

Speaking of undies, I found really cheap ones @ Kohls today!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
See, if you'd gone to a grocery store, you'd have picked up your olive oil and left.

This is precisely why I really don't like "All in One Stores". There is too much temptation to buy something from every department, whether I need it or not. I hate going to Lowe's for this reason. I"m tempted to buy a new light fixture, new kitchen cabinets, a rug, and some plumbing doodad. I spend to much money there.

I prescribe to this thought: if I want a lightbulb, I need to go to a lightbulb store. If I want a new shower curtain, I need to go to a shower curtain store. If I want a can of artichoke hearts, I need to go to an artichoke heart store.

You just made me realize that I am out of marinated artichoke hearts. Damn you! :mad:

Vince

They have an artichoke heart store? :doh: Whoda thunk it.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?

a leather bag
2 oversized beltsa pair of jeans
a pair of shorts
2 dresses
4 stretch silk tank tops
3 shirts

Hell if you wanted some oversize belts, I have some old ones that would be oversize for ya.... Why would you want oversize belts? Planning on a pig-out this weekend? :lmao:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Hell if you wanted some oversize belts, I have some old ones that would be oversize for ya.... Why would you want oversize belts? Planning on a pig-out this weekend? :lmao:

What about the stretch-silk tank tops, You willing to part with those?

They look very chic :shrug: I am wearing one similar to this today... but my shirt is royal blue. :yay:

belt.JPG

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why would you want oversize belts? Planning on a pig-out this weekend? :lmao:

Oh my gosh, I didn't even think about that! :clap:

The two dresses are knit and clingy, all one color/pattern. A regular belt will make me look like I'm cut in half and accentuate my enormous ass. An oversized belt that just kind of hangs loosely will break it up and be more figure flattering.

And there is your fashion tip of the day!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
What about the stretch-silk tank tops, You willing to part with those?

No, I am keepin them...

They look very chic :shrug: I am wearing one similar to this today... but my shirt is royal blue. :yay:

OH hell, I thought you meant LONG belts, not wide :lmao:

View attachment 87674

Oh my gosh, I didn't even think about that! :clap:

The two dresses are knit and clingy, all one color/pattern. A regular belt will make me look like I'm cut in half and accentuate my enormous ass. An oversized belt that just kind of hangs loosely will break it up and be more figure flattering.

And there is your fashion tip of the day!

Just hate it when that happens..