Mistress Phoenix...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Kitty cam capture from about an hour ago. Mr. Cooper was sitting at the screen. Miss Phoenix approached for the first time.

Attachments

• Fenix_at_the_screendoor-Vid_2021-70.mp4
    338.9 KB · Views: 141

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I can never see the fenix at the screen you post, but I can imagine. :) You go, cat whisperer!
Here you go, screen capture. Miss Phoenix and the glowing eyed Shadow Cat.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I think Miss Phoenix is losing her fear of the boys.

I got a screen shot of her going up to the doorway and doing the sideways, crablike stance with the arched back that say:' I'm a Big, Bad Kitty."

Louise

I think Miss Phoenix is losing her fear of the boys.

I got a screen shot of her going up to the doorway and doing the sideways, crablike stance with the arched back that say:' I'm a Big, Bad Kitty."

I have always loved when my cats have done the sideways dance. So cute. They have become domestic, but their wild side shows through. Cats are awesome.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Reinforced the door to Fort Fenix some more.

Cooper popped the seam at the bottom of the screen again, had reinforced the sides and bottom corners.
Fortunately the gap was too small for him or Buff to get in the room. The previous picture with Buff laying outside and Phoenix sitting pretty was several hours before the persistent little bugger popped the spline.

I mounted a length of 1 x 4 by the door trim to hang it a few weeks ago.

The longer vertical pieces are the reinforcement I did 2 weeks ago when Cooper popped the bottom open enough so he did get in the room with Phoenix. Fortunately was upstairs and shooed him out before it got to more than her yowling and him mewing and trying to make friends.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yuge Fenix Nooz!!!

I have a 2nd screen, a little down the hall. Used it to isolate the boys upstairs when we were gone for more than a day. Old Miss Teia had the rest of the house. Our neighbor cares for them when we are gone.

I've been shutting that screen and opening the one on the nursery. She's come close a few times, BUT this morning, a little after 10...

She spent the better part of 2 minutes out of her safe zone, spooked when she found the boys' food and water station across the hall. She ran back in before I could get a photo of her there.

Yeah, I know, carpet looks unloved...QBH builder's grade, and not the best installation I've seen. Will live with it (yes, I do vacuum 😸 , even have one of those rubber carpet rakes) until we get the house ready to sell when my wife decides when she's going to retire, and where.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mistress Phoenix had a good, chaperoned, visit from Lord Buffingham this afternoon.
She was lounging up on the dresser and watched him walking around for almost 10 minutes before jumping down and going to hide.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
YUGER Phoenix nooz...!!!

Late this morning I was doing kitty janitor stuff. Decided to close the Teia Gate in the hall and open the screen closing off the Safe Haven.

It took about 10 minutes, and Missy P came into the hall. Both Cooper and Buff were well away near the head of the stairs. Phoenix went up the the hall screen and sat looking at Cooper for about 6 minutes.

THEN, she came into the master bedroom. She sniffigated around for the better part of 10 - 12 minutes before scampering back across the hall to the safe haven.

I only got one picture as I did not want to move too much and spook her before she satisfied her curiosity.

Louise

YUGER Phoenix nooz...!!!

Late this morning I was doing kitty janitor stuff. Decided to close the Teia Gate in the hall and open the screen closing off the Safe Haven.

It took about 10 minutes, and Missy P came into the hall. Both Cooper and Buff were well away near the head of the stairs. Phoenix went up the the hall screen and sat looking at Cooper for about 6 minutes.

THEN, she came into the master bedroom. She sniffigated around for the better part of 10 - 12 minutes before scampering back across the hall to the safe haven.

I only got one picture as I did not want to move too much and spook her before she satisfied her curiosity.

View attachment 155586
I think Missy P will end up the Queen. Too cute. Thanks for sharing the transition of it all. Also, glad to hear you are beating the cancer. You go, spr!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mistress Phoenix endured pretty calmly a chaperoned visit from Cooper a little bit ago.

She just watched from the foot of the bed closest to the door as he entered the closet. Cooper spent a few minutes sniffigating her sleeping spot. When he emerged, did not try to get too close. By then she had moved to being beside her kitty bush that is under one of the windows.

She hissed a little, and growled when he tried to get closer than 5 feet. She made no move to hide, unlike the last 3 Cooper visits.

After a few minutes of that, shooed Cooper out and fastened her screen closed.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Mistress Phoenix endured pretty calmly a chaperoned visit from Cooper a little bit ago.

She just watched from the foot of the bed closest to the door as he entered the closet. Cooper spent a few minutes sniffigating her sleeping spot. When he emerged, did not try to get too close. By then she had moved to being beside her kitty bush that is under one of the windows.

She hissed a little, and growled when he tried to get closer than 5 feet. She made no move to hide, unlike the last 3 Cooper visits.

After a few minutes of that, shooed Cooper out and fastened her screen closed.
:lmao:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Phoenix is definitely interested in the boys. Kitty cam shows she is going to the door more frequently either looking for them, or to look at them. A lot fewer hisses.

A couple days ago she even made a little kitten mew, as if she was calling out to them. When Cooper showed up, she did hiss.

Later the same day, it caught her going up to the screen. Cooper was just laying nice and quiet outside. No hiss, but she did that little hop turn kittens do when they want to play, and then looked back over her shoulder at him.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Missy had quite an adventure yesterday, spending almost 90 minutes outside of Fort Fenix, much of it exploring the people bedroom. She slept on our pillows for about 1/2 hour, and sat on the windowsill by my side of the bed for a while watching birds in the backyard.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Kitty cam caught the little Princess sauntering up to the screen this morning. She saw Cooper up on the people bed getting brushed by the Mrs. She sat there, looking at him.

When he noticed, jumped off the bed, ran across the hall to the screen.

She got up, turned away, then gave him the "come hither" look over her shoulder, then sauntered off.

Then the next time she saw him at the screen, when I was coming into the room to do janitor stuff, hissed at him.

She's flirty, but still unsure I think, or, she just doesn't want people to know she may actually like him.