Mistress Phoenix...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Phoenix is carrying toys to the area in front of the screen door and playing while the boys watch. I think Anita is right, and Missy P is going into the flirt before we meet stage.

Also, kitty cam caught her going behind the regular door, reaching through the seam between it and the door frame to pat the screen near where Cooper was sitting.

She is also more regularly vocalizing to them and us with mews, chirps, whirrs and other happy noises.

She really leans into it when we brush her, and the purring has become clearly audible.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Another YooooJ Phoenix breakthrough!!! :bann:

About an hour ago I went up to check on Missy, scoop the litter and make sure her food and water were okay.
Had a little bit of scritch the ears time.

Checked out where Cooper was, asleep under the people bed. I closed the door behind me and opened the screen door to Fort Fenix.
Buff was downstairs with Anita. Mistress Phoenix came out and went down the hall by the stairway. She stopped to sniffigate the plush animals that are set between the balusters and looked down the stairway. She sniffigated the boys' food bowls by the crows nest, looked over their cardboard scratch pads and then went into the cluttered tech library/alternate computer room. That gave me a chance to grab the camera without spooking her.

She was sniffigating the boys' cat bush, spend a good 5 - 6 minutes in there, about 10 minutes overall.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A bit of fuss and feathers about 1:30 AM today.

It looks like Miss Phoenix forgot that Cooper was laying outside to the hinge side of the screen door and she bolted out of Fort Fenix when Anita opened the door to go to bed (we switch off nights sleeping in there with Missy P). Phoenix came across the hall into the people bedroom.

Cooper had stayed where he was, and chased after her into the bedroom, tail all puffed out, when she tried to go back to Fort Fenix. There was yowling and growling from her. Cooper was making angry kitten noises. Buff was surprised enough that he ran past them into the master bath. I shut that door behind him.

Cooper stopped and went back into the hall when I interposed. I shut Teia's Gate behind him.

She went to ground on my pillow, was growling at Anita and me for about 10 minutes, before skittering back into Fort Fenix. I closed the screen, opened Teia's Gate and let Buff out of the bathroom.

A contrast to earlier in the evening. The boys were downstairs having supper. I put a baby gate across the stairs and then opened the screen door at Fort Fenix. She spent the better part of 15 minutes exploring both the people bedroom, master bath and the tech library. She even used one of the boys scratch pads in the crows nest. She decided when she'd had enough, boys were not in sight during this, and scampered back to her safe haven, ready for a bit of a gnosh.

Here she was investigating the tub (which we use for storage) after sniffigating around the main bathroom.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Had the door to Fort Fenix and Teia's Gate closed for the better part of an hour this evening. The boys were out of sight.

Phoenix came out 4 times, for a few minutes each. Twice she went to Teia's Gate, once towards the 2nd bathroom and once just across the threshold of the people bedroom.

She seems more cautious than afraid now.

Louise

Had the door to Fort Fenix and Teia's Gate closed for the better part of an hour this evening. The boys were out of sight.

Phoenix came out 4 times, for a few minutes each. Twice she went to Teia's Gate, once towards the 2nd bathroom and once just across the threshold of the people bedroom.

She seems more cautious than afraid now.

i hope she realizes, soon, what a lucky kitty she is. 😀

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
As Phoenix and Buff were exchanging what sounded like "courting" chirps and mews through the screen, decided to give him a chaperoned visit.

Closed Teia Gate, as Cooper was sleeping in his kitty bush in the tech library and opened the door to Fort Fenix.

Buff hesitated a moment and she retreated under the head of the bed. She hissed and grred a little while he was in there, camera shows she did not move when he came close. He sniffigated around the bed, looked under, and then sniffigated a bit more before taking himself out after about 5 minutes. Buff has a much better sense of social distance than does Cooper.

After I closed her door, and re-opened Teia's Gate, looks like Phoenix was back out and about after just a couple minutes. Even went to the screen.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Phoenix likes to play a LOT over the course of 11 PM - 5 AM.

Last night she moved her favorite blue mousie all around the room and managed to bat it up in the air so it landed, kerplopp, into her water bowl. She stood there looking puzzled for a bit, then fished it out.

Will edit in video after work.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I guess today is after work yesterday.

I really like the surprised expression on her face when mousie goes kerplunk.

Attachments

• Kerplunk-2021APR28-0121-1.mp4
    962.4 KB · Views: 141

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
She also has this new ritual of dipping her paw in the water and licking it off.

Attachments

• Water_Paw-2021APR29-4AM.mp4
    934.1 KB · Views: 117

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Had a Kodak moment about 2:30 this afternoon, but of course, did not have a camera handy.

Miss Phoenix had just had a snack, watched me scoop her scratch box and then lay down by her circular, race track style ball toy.

Buff came to the door, so I decided on a chaperoned visit.

Phoenix lay there, watching him closely, making little warning noises. She let him get about a foot away, but did NOT move. Buff was watching her body language and walked around her to examine her food and water, then jumped up on the windowsill.

She did not go under the bed until he'd been in there about 5 - 6 minutes. She was watching him as he was sniffigating the top of the desk and the corner drawer unit. She did take cover when she saw he was fully distracted away from her.

He left the room after that.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Cooper had a chaperoned visit early this afternoon. He stayed in the area within 5 feet of the door and did not try to go under the bed as he had previously.

Phoenix did take cover right away, but at the foot of the bed. Her hisses and growls were not as loud as usual.

Last edited: