Mistress Phoenix...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So at some point do you just let them loose to establish their pecking order?

If the visits like Buff had after the 2nd walkabout is an indicator, that will soon be the method.

When he came in the room, Phoenix did go under the head of the bed.
I soon noticed that her head and shoulders were poking out on the side way from the door.
She was very quiet as he walked around, and when he walked past her to jump to the windowsill, she came out and batted his tail.
Buff looked back, a seemingly amused look on his face.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Missy had a Big Adventure earlier this evening, let her explore the People Closet.
I think she looks quite self satisfied here.

She got up on a tote below where my sweatshirts are hanging and climbed one of them.
She walked across the "shoulders" of the hangers and got to the shelf, which is 6 feet above the floor.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Another walkabout this morning. Phoenix got up on the tub rim again, but this time was inspecting the totes. We have towels across them as Buff and Cooper like to nap in there.

She also noticed there is a window above the tub and got behind the curtain. The boys lay up there, and nap, too. Gave it a very thorough sniffigation.

Poked her head out to look over my hand towel.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Checking the kitty cam footage.
Finally caught her beyond the threshold and in the people bedroom.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Walkabout #4 today. The boys were sleeping where Phoenix would not be ambushed by them, so I left Teia's Gate open.

She's peeking at Buff here, who was napping in his kitty bush by the base of the stairs.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Phoenix, even though she still hisses, is definitely trying to touch noses with Buff when the screen is between them.

She is also walking up to the door with flagged tail when Cooper is there and sits, calmly, looking at him. He has started rolling over and showing her his belly.

In other news, she rolled over and let me pet her belly for a couple minutes.

gemma_rae

Phoenix, even though she still hisses, is definitely trying to touch noses with Buff when the screen is between them.

She is also walking up to the door with flagged tail when Cooper is there and sits, calmly, looking at him. He has started rolling over and showing her his belly.

In other news, she rolled over and let me pet her belly for a couple minutes.
Hot Dog!

Exposing the belly is one of the surest signs I know that a kitty has chosen to accept someone/something.

Sounds like there will be peace in the kingdom!☮

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
During Buff's visit yesterday morning. Miss Phoenix decided not to hide, but to show him who's Boss.

A little after this, she did let him have a social tail sniff.

Attachments

• Fenisx_charging_Buff-2021May17-AM-visit-1.mp4
    979.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I woke up today about 4:15. Phoenix and Buff were communing at the screen.
She retreated to under the bureau, which is near the door.
Decided on a Buff visit.
He took care to avoid going near her and made a beeline for her kibble.

She snuck up behind, thought she might assert dominance again.

HOWEVER, she did a social tail sniff, then skittered to the closet to hide.

He did not seem to notice, sauntered to the door to be let out.
Buff has a good sense of other cat's social needs.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Not especially ecstatic about it, but Missy made it downstairs to the kitchen.
She was growling and grumbling the whole time.

I had put up a baby gate across the doorway to the people bedroom as Cooper was sleeping under the bed in there.
As she has had 2 peaceful visit with Buff in Fort Fenix today, opened her door and let her explore.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
She then settled by the entrance to the dining area and it took about 10 minutes to entice her to the stairway. She got herself up and back to Fort Fenix without further ado.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Phoenix came up on the bed for ear scritches 3 times this morning, 1st was about daybreak.
3rd time, she actually cuddled against my arm until the alarm clock went off an hour and a half later.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Missy had a walkabout upstairs tonight. I thought both boys were downstairs.
I had closed Teia's Gate across the hall and opened Fort Fenix.

She explored about 15 minutes before going back into her Fort.

To the surprise of both of us, Buff was in there on the windowsill by her scratch post.

He walked across the top of the desk and short chest of drawers towards the door.
He stood there, looking like he was going to jump down and leave.
Miss Phoenix reared up, put her forepaws on the lower drawer handle and stretch her neck up.

The had two nose touches, then she got down and hissed.
When he jumped down to leave, she bopped him. She is always good at keeping her claws sheathed.
The she ran under the bed. He looked perplexed, then left.