Mistress Phoenix...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This was the 3rd time she charged him at that time. The first 2 times, she stopped short.
Buff jumped up on the kitty bush and then walked across the desk and corner bookshelf before leaping for the doorway.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just came down from more visit time. Cooper is asleep under the people bed, remained so all the hour the door to Fort Fenix was open.
About half the time, this scene held. Phoenix was just laying there as calmly and quietly as was Buff.

After that, he jumped up on the windowsill to watch the world, then left of his own accord after about 10 minutes of that.
When I closed the screen, she was still quietly laying there.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A nice visit by both Cooper and Buff last evening.
I gave all three some Temptations crunchy treats.
The boys were at floor level and Phoenix was up on the desk.
She even stayed there when Buff jumped up to see if she had gotten something better.
Phoenix just backed up a foot or so.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A nice visit by Buff this morning.

Miss Phoenix was eating a bit of Fancy Feast gravy style while standing atop the drawer unit next to the desk. I had the door open so the boys could come in if they wanted.

She kept eating as Buff jumped up on the desk behind her. She flicked her tail a bit as he did get in a tentative social sniff.

Phoenix turned around, hissed softly, then reached out for a nose bump, before turning back to her food.

Buff then exited to go see Cooper down the hall.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Little Miss Phoenix is quite the athlete.

A couple days ago, while getting ready for work, she was atop my chest of drawers.
I opened the top drawer to get clean socks, and she decided to sit in there.

She usually gets atop the chest by jumping atop a 2 1/2' tall bookshelf next to the chest,
and then the 20" to the top of there.

Yesterday, I opened the drawer, and she jumped the 49" necessary to clear the edge of the drawer.
Almost caught her in mid-leap. Keep in mind, she's only 10" tall at the shoulder.
Buff jumps up there easily, but he's 13" tall at the shoulder.

(Edit: That would be like me jumping 13 feet straight up.)

And, yes, did open the drawer and step back to see if she was still interested.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think all will be ok. Our feral cat, Lucky, went to the vet today for the first time. Got a check up and rabies shot. I thought he would be traumatized. He was just fine when he got home. I understand the territorryness of it all, but I think your Kitty Kingdom will be peaceable in the end. :)
You vaccinate your cat? 🤔

Louise

You vaccinate your cat? 🤔

Yes. It is a law in MD that pets be vaccinated for rabies. We have had Lucky for 2 years, and had to take him to the vet for the first time cuz we thought he was sick. He wasn’t, but the vet saw he had no records of anything. So he had to get the rabies vax. He doesn’t even wear a collar to put the tag on. Thanks for your question. Are we next? Here is a pic of sweet Lucky kitty.

UglyBear

Yes. It is a law in MD that pets be vaccinated for rabies. We have had Lucky for 2 years, and had to take him to the vet for the first time cuz we thought he was sick. He wasn’t, but the vet saw he had no records of anything. So he had to get the rabies vax. He doesn’t even wear a collar to put the tag on. Thanks for your question. Are we next? Here is a pic of sweet Lucky kitty. View attachment 157929
That’s a stunningly beautiful cat!!! Wow, the markings and the deep green eyes! What a handsome fellow.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yes. It is a law in MD that pets be vaccinated for rabies.
Other vaccines can be replaced by a titer test for the presence of anti-bodies, like distemper, if kitty had been previously vaccinated.
Rabies is the only one for which the titer test cannot substitute. A lot of vets have started using the 3-year vaccine instead of the 1-year.

gemma_rae

Yes. It is a law in MD that pets be vaccinated for rabies. We have had Lucky for 2 years, and had to take him to the vet for the first time cuz we thought he was sick. He wasn’t, but the vet saw he had no records of anything. So he had to get the rabies vax. He doesn’t even wear a collar to put the tag on. Thanks for your question. Are we next? Here is a pic of sweet Lucky kitty. View attachment 157929
Your Mr.Lucky is a real Cutie Patootie!😍

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just had about 40 minutes of doors open and free access to each other, with about 10 of that, human not being on the same floor as kitties.
Heard no loud complaints, at one point it looked like Phoenix was going to give Buff a nose touch instead of a bop.

Cooper couldn't be bothered to interrupt his nap in his kitty bush.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Almost caught the three of them eating near each other. Cooper, of course, moved as I snapped the shot.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mr. Cooper had a little over 30 minute visit in Fort Fenix without any confrontations.
She watched him from under the old bureau as he wandered around sniffigating and making his little kitten noises.

DaSDGuy

Although this journey has been interesting to follow, when I brought another kitty into the house I just let them work it out.
A couple days, maybe a week, of discussion amongst themselves and they determined the hierarchy. A few tufts of fur to clean up but never a drop of blood.
And they would all share the food dishes and the sofa/bed with my SO and myself.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The open door has been getting longer and longer, with the confrontations getting fewer and fewer.
Thus far neither flying fur nor blood droplets have been in evidence.

She's even going to the screen when no one is around and calling out for company.

After work tonight will try the open door with people downstairs again.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It was funny, last night.

Phoenix came into the people bedroom.
Cooper went into Fort Fenix.

She was looking under the bed to see if he was there.
He was doing the same in the other room.

She spent time sitting atop the taller bookshelf next to my bureau.
He spent time sitting on the blanket covered box by the window, where she naps.

She jumped down, and was peeking around the solid door at him.
Cooper got bored, I guess, and went down the hall to the crows nest at the head of the stairway.

Phoenix went back into the "nursery."

All in all, about 30 minutes.

Buff was oblivious, sleeping under his blanket on the downstairs couch.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Phoenix is showing a bit of Tortietude, drew blood on me for the 1st time. 😸
Had some walkabout time, but did not want to be shooed off my bureau back to her room.
She has very sharp little talons.

Finally had to lure her with catnip.