Mistress Phoenix...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Earlier today, Phoenix was chasing Buff, but chirping instead of hissing. The "fights" are turning into shadow boxing.

She and Cooper have a routine. I open the screen. Phoenix runs across to the people bedroom.
Cooper goes into Fort Fenix. When he'd done doing whatever, he exits and goes towards the stairs.
He sits and watches, as does she. After she goes back across the hall, Cooper will lay outside the screen to watch her.

Louise

Earlier today, Phoenix was chasing Buff, but chirping instead of hissing. The "fights" are turning into shadow boxing.

She and Cooper have a routine. I open the screen. Phoenix runs across to the people bedroom.
Cooper goes into Fort Fenix. When he'd done doing whatever, he exits and goes towards the stairs.
He sits and watches, as does she. After she goes back across the hall, Cooper will lay outside the screen to watch her.

I never had a cat that chirped, until Lucky. So cute. I have had cats all my life. Do you think it has something to do with being feral?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Tortietude, Hahahaha. This one has a lot of that!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I never had a cat that chirped, until Lucky. So cute. I have had cats all my life. Do you think it has something to do with being feral?
I do not think so, just some kitties have that as a vocalization. Both of our DSH torties, Silver Kestrel and Hildiekatt Halfshadow, had a kind of chirpy trill vocalization they made. We got them from one of my co-workers who owned the momma cat.

They were sisters from litters 19 months apart. Here they were a few days after we adopted Hildie in March 2002 at 3 months of age.
We lost both to aggressive intestinal lymphoma. Kessie in June 2012 and Hildie in June 2014.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Here's Tunafish at a little over 4 years of age.

I had to leave her with my parents when I got married in June 82 as the housing my wife had near Wright-Patterson AFB did not allow any pets.
Tuna became my dad's best little buddy. Mom said she would sit on the arm of the big overstuffed chair in his reading room down cellar. Dad would read to kitty, mom also said.

We gave her 16 years.

Last edited:

Louise

I do not think so, just some kitties have that as a vocalization. Both of our DSH torties, Silver Kestrel and Hildiekatt Halfshadow, had a kind of chirpy trill vocalization they made. We got them from one of my co-workers who owned the momma cat.

They were sisters from litters 19 months apart. Here they were a few days after we adopted Hildie in March 2002 at 3 months of age.
We lost both to aggressive intestinal lymphoma. Kessie in June 2012 and Hildie in June 2014.
View attachment 158287

:huggy:

Louise

Here's Tunafish at a little over 4 years of age.
View attachment 158288

I had to leave her with my parents when I got married in June 82 as the housing my wife had near Wright-Patterson AFB did not allow any pets.
Tuna became my dad's best little buddy. Mom said she would sit on the arm of the big overstuffed chair in his reading room down cellar. Dad would read to kitty, mom also said.

We gave her 16 years.

We had our last generation of lovies cremated, and put into beautiful wooden boxes that are in hubs office on the book shelf. They all lived to be between 13 and 16 years old. The cats were Tommy and Sox. The dogs were Oreo and Cookie. All rescues. I wonder if that was a good idea to do that. When I see the boxes, it makes me sad. Now, we have Daisy and Lucky. What do you do when a pet passes? Just wondering

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What do you do when a pet passes? Just wondering
For the ones Anita and I have had together, individual cremations.
There is an assortment of tea tins and little wooden boxes on the shelf in the corner of the walk in closet.
Our final arrangements will include having them interred with us.

We have used the sadness to fuel the search for a kitty who needs a home, like we did with Phoenix.
Since she will be 4 next month, I have to stay healthy enough to outlive her. 😸

Louise

For the ones Anita and I have had together, individual cremations.
There is an assortment of tea tins and little wooden boxes on the shelf in the corner of the walk in closet.
Our final arrangements will include having them interred with us.

We have used the sadness to fuel the search for a kitty who needs a home, like we did with Phoenix.
Since she will be 4 next month, I have to stay healthy enough to outlive her. 😸

Awesome post. So inspiring. Thank you. Take care.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Poor Buff is feeling his age today, all of 7 and he pulled a muscle in his back right leg during a kitten krazies session this morning.
Shut him up in the master bath with food, water and a litter box for a couple hours. He was resting on a folded towel.

This afternoon he is moving slower, but is walking okay, no limp and does not seem to be favoring that leg.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
He is definitely moving a little slower, but seems in no pain and got up atop his favorite tall bookshelf by his usual route.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Go, Buff!
He definitely is moving easier, even had some Grass time, 15 steps down the the backyard from the deck.

Miss Phoenix had a half hour of Open Door time while I did kitty janitor work. Missy had a bit of Walkabout, even went in the people bedroom several times to look at Cooper who was sleeping under the head of the bed.

I think she is almost there with having a détente with the boys. I believe she is getting to like being chased and was looking for Cooper to wake up and do that.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Phoenix had more Open Door time an hour ago.
It looks like she and Buff exchanged nose touches, without her hissing or batting at him. 😸

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Buff got in a social tail sniff this morning. Phoenix looked over her shoulder at him, gave a token hiss and went back to eating.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Missy had her early afternoon walkabout, and a visit with the boys.

She started alone, Buff was downstairs and Cooper under the people bed.

Buff has really good hearing and was alerted something was going on. Came running up the stairs and fairly slowly walked up to her. They had a fairly extended, for the stage of things, nose touch without Phoenix complaining. However, he did get a bop when she turned away and he tried a more intimate social sniff.

She then retreated to her safe spot under the corner of the bureau near the doorway where she keep an eye on them.

Buff went in to snack on her kibble, like usual.

Cooper woke up and came across the hall. I did not hear the usual low level growling from her.

After several minutes, both boys vacated; no muss, no fuss, no bother.

I think we are coming to a corner to turn.