Mistress Phoenix...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Getting closer to peaceful co-existence.
1645574235720.png

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I heard this little churble whurp and Phoenix jumped up on the couch and stood, forepaws on my thigh.
First time she has done that.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It only lasts a few minutes thus far, but Phoenix and Buff are eating from bowls less than a foot apart.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Phoenix was up on my laptop stand twice today.

The first time she decided to take a taste of my midmorning soup.
I swear, she did a perfect yuck face after.
1646368472995.png

I guess she doesn't like chicken stock with pureed veggies and chicken in it.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I hope you are still on the mend. Thanks for the laugh. 😹
Not doing badly at all. Weight seems stable at a new plateau of 212 - 215, was 218 - 221 before.
I was trying to get back below 200, as blood pressure and blood sugar were under control without medications.

Missy was up on the computer guest again a little bit ago.
No brother to chase her off this time. 😸

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Phoenix has scored a First in all the years I have been staff to cats.

I was breaking up some cooked bacon to puree with a cup of Cannellini beans for tonight's soup,
made with beef broth and a tube of baby veggies.

I did not notice, until Phoenix hunted it down, that I had dropped a small bit on the floor.
She licked it up, and looked up at me.

I tore about 1/4 strip into small pieces, about 1 tsp in all, and put it in her wet food dish.
She Hoovered that up.

I guess Phoenix IS a real American. 😺

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Phoenix has finally discovered she fits under the pantry cabinet.
The glowing spots on the floor is the reflection from her eyes, used the flash.
1647014561553.png

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Missy had a bit of Outside Time on the deck yesterday afternoon. She sniffigated along the wall of the house and railing. Buff even got a social sniff in without being bopped. She actually turned around to nose touch with him.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
SUCCESS!!!!!

Dr. Dorsch and Vet Tech Caroline were very pleased with how Miss Phoenix was during today's visit. We decided that the combination of the Gabapentin and her being only kitty in the car is a winning combination. NO angry bobcat this time, though she was trembling a little.

She sat on the scale nice and pretty, has gained 3 oz. since January and did not flinch when she got her vaccination.

Phoenix talked to me all the way to the clinic, but was much quieter on the way home.

Today makes 14 months and 14 days since she joined the family.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
And, when we got home, after I opened the carrier, she headed for her food bowl and got a treat of Temptations pureed chicken in a tube.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Phoenix and Buff were definitely play chasing back and forth for about 20 minutes earlier this afternoon.
Both had tail up, no hisses or grrrs, no shadow boxing either. They were even mewing at each other.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was listening to and singing along with "Heat of the Moment" by Asia. Phoenix jumped up on the couch was was watching the video with me.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Missy P has decided she has a new blankie. She dragged it off the end of the couch and made it into a pile.
1648692527730.png