Mixed Martial Arts

calvertmma

Attachments

• Calvert MMA Academy Logo.jpg
    Calvert MMA Academy Logo.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 216

Sinkos

GREAT class! i feel better about myself and safer everytime i go, not to mention im getting in shape at the same time practicing the techniques. i love how no matter how many people are in the class the instructors always make sure to help everyone out and demonstrate the techniques over again so everyone has a chance to improve. Meeting the instructors with their experiences and sharing with us is great entertainment also. Thank you!!

Jimmy:yahoo:

gkarbett

***** - (5 stars)

Calvert MMA is a great organization. Lots of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Also covering self-defense(including weapons) and weapon retention. Great instructors that love GJJ. Classes are in Dunkirk(northern Calvert County) and start late, 8pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which is great for me being a family guy. (Saturdays 11am) Good group of students ... no thugs, tough guys or knuckleheads!! Large room with CLEAN mats. Price is very affordable. Lots of mat time.

Through Calvert MMA I had the to opportunity to train with Relson Gracie Relson Gracie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Here's a pic of Relson, myself and Pedro Sauer. This was the night Pedro received his Red/Black Belt.

Bug the Neck!!!

Attachments

• RelsonSauerMe.jpg
    RelsonSauerMe.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 124

Mac1

The instructors involved with this class are truly dedicated to their sport. Wether you are in in for just the competition or to learn how to protect yourself, you will absolutely learn at a rapid pace. Having spent over nine years in other forms of martial arts, this is a lot more fun and technical. If you haven't tried Jiu Jitsu before you don't know what you are missing. Calvert MMA is rapidly growing.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
:sigh: It's just as far away as Lloyd Irvings. :frown:

I wish somebody would open up a gym in Leonardtown or lusby or something.

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
I went up there today.All I can say is :yay::yay:.I had a real good time and everyone real helpful too.

R

RichardNW

Come Get Some...

I can not say enough about CALVERTMMA and the instructors. I have been there for two weeks now and can say two nights a week, plus open mat on Saturdays is NOT enough, I want more!! Awesome group of people and instructors. I highly encourage anyone interested to come check us out and learn the best martial art in the world.

calvertmma

The instuctors always welcome visitors at the school. The first class is free + no contracts, so its a good deal compared to other schools. The Relson Seminars I have been to are usually only open to Relson Associations members because he normally shows a few sport jiu-jitsu techniques at each seminar which he only likes to share with his competitors.

calvertmma

IFL Visitor at Calvert MMA today

For those that didn't make it to class today you missed out on a surprise visit from Renzo Gracie's purple belt and IFL Pro fighter on Renzo's Pitbull's team, Deividas Taurosevicius. Deividas is a great guy and fun to roll with. We wish him well with future fights and hope he visits us again soon.

Before open mat we practiced mount escapes and guard passing. One new mount escape and one new Relson guard pass was shown.

Last edited:

olay020

Great Program

I was hesitant about joining the BJJ classes because I had no prior background in martial arts. I ended up joining approximately 2 months after it opened and I am able to learn and pick up the information just as much as someone else who has a martial arts background. Instructors are passionate about it and definately go out of their way to help you. Great place to learn and you don't have to spend $200.00 a month that most other places charge.

calvertmma

UFC 81 Payouts

Frank Mir received $80k for his victory over Brock Lesner who received $250k for tapping out...who really won?

R

RichardNW

Deividas Taurosevicius showing up unannounced was a surprise!! Nice guy and fun to roll with. At 155lbs (about 30lbs lighter than I), he was untouchable at my experience level. However, I had a blast rolling with him, learning, and respecting jiu jitsu technique. Yet AGAIN, I had a blast training at CalvertMMA. I can only hope I do not miss out the next two weekends, as I will be out of town.

R

RichardNW

Actually to add fuel to the fire of who really won...Frank Mir received an additional $60K fight night bonus, which puts him at $140k. Now, Lesnar gets $250k for "tapping out," but if he would have won that fight: $250k + $200K bonus = $450k. Either way, win or lose...I am in the WRONG business yet again.

calvertmma

Out of class for the next two weeks? We'll make sure to practice submissions to slow you down when your return!

R

RichardNW

Correction...I will miss the next two saturdays. Which is an internity for me anyway. I checked for open mats in the areas I will be and can not find anything.

LateApex

That is great news.

I've been looking around here for a class.

Used to kickbox in San Diego and started some grappling right before I left.

Definitely going to get into this...

Mac1

I drive 40 minutes to get to the school. Believe me, it is worth the drive. It is at least worth a visit. Not only do you have two outstanding instructors from Fight Works; the owenr/organizer from Calvert MMA is very patient and has a ton of experience himself. He is an outstanding instructor. there is so much to learn. Everytime I go, I realize this is not a sport you get in just a few weeks. It will take time to develop your skills.

Gwydion

I find it interesting that all the new posters in this thread all sound and talk alike.

Why not just stay on the same one and say "Bump"?