MLB takes stand on GA voting law.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Way to go MLB That will show them. :sarcasm:

herb749

If they want to take it further why not force them to move all the sports teams out of Georgia. Then Texas, since they are thinking of doing a similar voting law. Plus any other state that's going to try.

Reactions: BOP

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
More proof that the media is nothing but an arm of the leftists that are taking over the government. I can guarangoddamntee youthat ROb Manfred has not read the Georgia voting law and is only reacting to the WH (who should NOT be weighing in on this re: MLB) and the braindead hordes mewling racist racist racist.

Hijinx

Our country is no longer a free country, we are in the hands of the liberal and democrat fascists..

Business' and Sports franchises fear the liberal so badly they no longer care what a conservative thinks.
Baseball is no longer THE American sport it is just another part of the fascist movement.

UglyBear

Our country is no longer a free country, we are in the hands of the liberal and democrat fascists..

Business' and Sports franchises fear the liberal so badly they no longer care what a conservative thinks.
Baseball is no longer THE American sport it is just another part of the fascist movement.
So do your part — stop watching them, buying their merch, even discussing them.
I dropped the trifecta of NFL, NBA and now baseball — at first it’s hard, but then you find so much better and useful things to do.
They run on margins, and not all of us have to stop — but just enough for them to start really hurting.

PJay

Hijinx

I dropped the trifecta of NFL, NBA and now baseball — at first it’s hard, but then you find so much better and useful things to do.
They run on margins, and not all of us have to stop — but just enough for them to start really hurting.

You don't need to worry, I too have given up those things and NASCAR also,
I have a lot of free time on Sundays for the family.

Isn't it amazing how these sports jump right into this woke BS to soothe the tempers of the liberals and they don't give a good damn about how many conservatives they piss off.? Georgia is right to try to protect the sanctity of the votes and our process of election.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How these things take on a life of their own is fascinating.

Requiring ID to vote isn't racist - insisting that black people don't have photo ID is what's racist.

Having deadlines to vote isn't racist - insisting that black people are too dumb to vote is what's racist.

That is pure straight up common sense, and yet here we have MLB and freaking Delta airlines and whoever else going to the mat with their idiotic virtue signaling. There are no more discussions; now it's just freaking out and screaming "RACIST!!" at everything. All these outfits that require photo ID and work on deadlines, insisting that photo ID and deadlines are RACIST.

:crazy:

BOP

Wait until there's a hair-pulling, shin-kicking contest for control of the country formerly known as the United States of America between the Narco-terrorists who control much of Central and South America; the Russian Mafia, and the Democratic Party - er, I mean the CCP.

The good news is that our "news" organizations and the childish wokesters will be among the first to be eliminated.

BOP

If they want to take it further why not force them to move all the sports teams out of Georgia. Then Texas, since they are thinking of doing a similar voting law. Plus any other state that's going to try.
They'll probably move the team to Beijing.

BOP

The problem is that they're almost certainly being funded externally in order to make up the difference. It's only a question of funding by whom. I'd bet some of that worthless money that the sports teams are being propped up by Beijing.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘#GowokeGobroke’: Cruz, Lee Call To End MLB Antitrust Protections After League Boycotts Georgia

Lee soon followed, saying that no corporation should possess the legal immunities that the MLB has. Other sports leagues such as the National Football League and National Basketball Association do not enjoy the same antitrust immunity as the MLB, which gained its special protections from a 1922 Supreme Court decision.

“Why does @MLB still have antitrust immunity? It’s time for the federal government to stop granting special privileges to specific, favored corporations — especially those that punish their political opponents,” Lee said.

Cruz added: EXACTLY right. And @SenMikeLee & I will be working hard to END MLB’s antitrust immunity. #GowokeGobroke”

Facts of the case

The Federal Baseball Club of Baltimore, Maryland was a baseball club and a member of the Federal League of Professional Base Ball Players. The National League of Professional Base Ball Clubs and the American League of Professional Base Ball Clubs conspired to monopolize the business of professional baseball by buying out members of the Federal League and by inducing members of the Federal League to leave.
The Federal Baseball Club of Baltimore brought suit in the Supreme Court for the District of Columbia against the other leagues under the Sherman Act and obtained a verdict for $80,000. On appeal, the Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia reversed the lower court's ruling and held that the defendant baseball leagues were not within the Sherman Act's purview. The Federal Baseball Club of Baltimore appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Question

Are the activities of the National League of Professional Base Ball Clubs and the American League of Professional Base Ball Clubs subject to the Sherman Act?

Conclusion

No. Writing for a unanimous Supreme Court, Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes affirmed the decision of the Court of Appeals. The Supreme Court held that the baseball leagues were not engaging in interstate trade or commerce as defined by the Sherman Act because the exhibition that is a baseball game is not trade or commerce as those terms were commonly understood. As such, the baseball leagues were not subject to the Sherman Act.

Reactions: BOP

black dog

Free America

The last pro football game I was at Chris Hanburger was playing and the last MLB game I was at Frank Howard was still at the plate.