MMA Fans : Evan Tanner Dead

Mojo

That dude never did seem to be wrapped quite right but I enjoyed watching him fight.

lovinmaryland

This is so sad :frown:

Posting a blog on Spike.com a couple of months after his loss to Kendall Grove at the Ultimate Fighter 7 Finale in June, Tanner wrote the following;

evantanner said:
"I'm hoping that very soon I'll be sitting out in the quiet of the desert beneath a deep blue midnight sky, listening to the calm desert breeze. The idea going into the desert came to me soon after I moved to Oceanside. It was motivated by my friend Sara's talk of treasure hunting and lost gold, and my own insatiable appetite for adventure and exploration. I began to imagine what might be found in the deep reaches of the untracked desert. It became an obsession of sorts…. I've been gathering my gear for this adventure for over a month, not a long time by most standards, but far too long for my impatient nature. Being a minimalist by nature, wanting to carry only the essentials, and being extremely particular, it has been a little difficult to find just the right equipment. I plan on going so deep into the desert, that any failure of my equipment, could cost me my life. I've been doing a great deal of research and study. I want to know all I can about where I'm going, and I want to make sure I have the best equipment. One more week. I think one more week, and I'll be ready to go."

thurley42

HY;FR
I'm going to have to file this one under, "WTF"...

it takes a certain special kind of someone to want to go into the desert to hang out...