MMA Fans out there

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
Mixed martial arts icon Royce Gracie best known as the slender gi-wearing Brazilian who twisted oversized competitors into knots during the early days of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, tested positive for traces of Nandrolone, a commonly used anabolic steroid ...

lovinmaryland

tugboater said:
Mixed martial arts icon Royce Gracie best known as the slender gi-wearing Brazilian who twisted oversized competitors into knots during the early days of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, tested positive for traces of Nandrolone, a commonly used anabolic steroid ...
so i guess "gracie jujitsu is not the best " :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
tugboater said:
Yeah, and?

DO they have a governing body that makes it illegal in his sport?? Will he lose the "gold medal".. will they fine him half of his earnings??

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
In the wake of Royce Gracie's positive test for steroids, the California State Athletic Commission released details Monday that the Brazilian mixed martial arts icon showed such elevated levels of Nandrolone, a common anabolic steroid, that it could not be registered by the testing lab.

According to the CSAC, a normal person could potentially produce 2 ng/mL of Nandrolone, while an athlete following "rigorous physical exercise" could have a level of 6 ng/mL.

Both "A" and "B" samples provided by Gracie, said the CSAC, "had a level of over 50 ng/mL and we were informed that the level itself was so elevated that it would not register on the laboratory's calibrator."

Gracie, currently on vacation in Spain, told Sherdog.com last week that he has never taken steroids, and that he would file for an appeal.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
2ballscrewball said:
you would think he would be bigger if he took steriods

Not all steroids increase size, look at some of the long distance bikers out there that have tested positive.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

AK-74me said:
Not all steroids increase size, look at some of the long distance bikers out there that have tested positive.

...much of what I've read says that many people use them because they help with muscle recovery and getting over injuries so that you can train harder and longer.