Mobil One

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Wondering if any one else has had issues with it. I have always used Royal Purple in my truck and the last oil change I switched to Mobil One synthetic. After the switch the truck has started to have a rough idle, it runs like crap in the cold and I have had to add about 1/2 quart of oil since the change. I never had any of these problems with the RP. I will be switching back when the time comes but for the most part I am disappointment with it.

Also noticed that the Jetta runs better with Motul 0w40 than it did with the Mobil One. Just seen that RP has a 0w40, however VW has not added it to the approved oils yet. Damn warranty needs to expire.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I use Napa full syn in my cars, I've used Mobile 1 before but never noticed any adverse effects ... other than the cost.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I use Rotella-T synthetic

I know they make a 0W40 and it is approved by VW, but I have yet to find it stateside

The Charger has been on Mobil One since new, 165,000 miles ago.

I know several guys that have as well with the Trailblazers both the 4.2 and the V8s. Figures I would ask so others could chime in.

My fleet runs Amsoil Signature Series, no issues.

Looked into it, but I have ran RP 12 - 15k miles between each change. Had the last 2 samples examined by Blackstone labs with good looking results.

calvcopf

Wondering if any one else has had issues with it. I have always used Royal Purple in my truck and the last oil change I switched to Mobil One synthetic. After the switch the truck has started to have a rough idle, it runs like crap in the cold and I have had to add about 1/2 quart of oil since the change. I never had any of these problems with the RP. I will be switching back when the time comes but for the most part I am disappointment with it.

Also noticed that the Jetta runs better with Motul 0w40 than it did with the Mobil One. Just seen that RP has a 0w40, however VW has not added it to the approved oils yet. Damn warranty needs to expire.

Your engine really doesn't care what brand of oil you use. Just use the recommended weight and any name brand oil and you will not have any problems.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
After the switch the truck has started to have a rough idle, it runs like crap in the cold and I have had to add about 1/2 quart of oil since the change. I never had any of these problems with the RP.

Coincidence :shrug:

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I use Mobile on in all my cars from new and never had any issues. Changed every 7000 miles.

2010 Ford Sport Trac- 132,000 miles
2010 Ford Escape- 105,000
1995 Ford Mustang GT- 101,000
(the 2010's commute to work in DC and Alexandria)

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Amsoil for the 2010 F150 (38,000), Amsoil Euro for the 2005 VW (47,500), Mobil 1 for oldies - 96 Ranger (218,000) and 2000 E150 Econovan (161,000). No problems with any, other than the two oldies burn some oil, thus the cheaper synthetic.

The Amsoil is especially good - one year or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. For me, the once a year works well. The Mobil 1 is once every six months.

Last edited: