Mobile Wi-Fi access

SamSpade

I'm still mulling over the need for wi-fi in my car. My wife's business car uses it - she has it - and I - don't. I haven't seen a need for it most of the time, and with my youngest probably getting her own phone and data plan this fall - likely unnecessary.

All our plans are unlimited, and the fact is any wi-fi access we use will STILL be dependent on cell tower reception. It was GREAT when we had three kids with tablets or Internet devices that needed it - but soon they will all have phones.

So - can anyone think of a good reason to have it? Just sorting out the reasons.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm still mulling over the need for wi-fi in my car. My wife's business car uses it - she has it - and I - don't. I haven't seen a need for it most of the time, and with my youngest probably getting her own phone and data plan this fall - likely unnecessary.

All our plans are unlimited, and the fact is any wi-fi access we use will STILL be dependent on cell tower reception. It was GREAT when we had three kids with tablets or Internet devices that needed it - but soon they will all have phones.

So - can anyone think of a good reason to have it? Just sorting out the reasons.
Our car (Ford) has it's own onboard wi-fi, it's AT&T and costs $15 a month. Unlike my Unlimited VERIZON wifi on the camper, it really is unlimited. Nice to have a back up plan when you're working from "home" but camped out somewhere else. If ALL else fails, we can climb into the car and find service, and what's worked for us, is when Verizon doesn't work, we can usually get a signal with AT&T, or vice versa. AND lastly, when driving, the car has better reception than our phones, so link to the onboard wifi, and no issues with internet connections.