Mocking bird

SoMDGirl42

I have a very loud bird in the tree right outside my bedroom. The problem is this bird NEVER SHUTS UP all night long. :cds: I think it may be a mocking bird, but now I need to know how to get rid of this bird. Anyone ever have this problem and how did you get rid of it? Tree is two stories tall, it aligns directly with my bedroom window. This damn bird is about 20 feet from my head when I'm "trying" to sleep, but this bird is so loud. I've closed the windows, turned on the TV and turned on two fans. I can still hear this stupid bird. It needs to meet a quick demise. :coffee:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I have a very loud bird in the tree right outside my bedroom. The problem is this bird NEVER SHUTS UP all night long. :cds: I think it may be a mocking bird, but now I need to know how to get rid of this bird. Anyone ever have this problem and how did you get rid of it? Tree is two stories tall, it aligns directly with my bedroom window. This damn bird is about 20 feet from my head when I'm "trying" to sleep, but this bird is so loud. I've closed the windows, turned on the TV and turned on two fans. I can still hear this stupid bird. It needs to meet a quick demise. :coffee:

Atticus Finch said:
Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy... but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Hang old CDs or tin pie pans in the tree and you might be able to scare a nesting bird away from it's babies.
Fire crackers might work
A BB gun will definitely work.

... or you could just learn to enjoy a gift from nature.

SoMDGirl42

Hang old CDs or tin pie pans in the tree and you might be able to scare a nesting bird away from it's babies.
Fire crackers might work
A BB gun will definitely work.

... or you could just learn to enjoy a gift from nature.

I wouldn't mind a gift from nature if it would sing it's little heart out from 5am to 9 pm.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hush little baby, don't say a word
Pappa's gonna buy you a mockingbird

If that mockingbird don't sing
Pappa's gonna buy you a diamond ring

If that diamond ring turns brass
Pappa's gonna buy you a lookin' glass

If that lookin' glass gets broke
Pappa's gonna buy you billy goat

If that billy goat don't pull
Pappa's gonna buy you a cart and bull

If that cart and bull turns over
Pappa's gonna buy you a doggie named Rover

If that dog named Rover don't bark
Pappa's gonna buy you a horse and cart

If that horse and cart fall down
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
If he is singing all night, he hasn't mated yet and once he does it'll get quieter.

That's all, he's lonely.

I agree with Harper Lee, it's a sin to kill a mockingbird. They are also protected under the migratory bird act from being harmed.

I'm sure you are sleep deprived, but maybe a sleeping pill would help. Or try relaxing and listening and counting how many songs your mockingbird knows. Some know over 200 songs. Wow!

Scientists say that they are one of the smartest birds out there.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole

Just cut the tree down, problem solved. :coffee:

SoMDGirl42

If he is singing all night, he hasn't mated yet and once he does it'll get quieter.

That's all, he's lonely.

I agree with Harper Lee, it's a sin to kill a mockingbird. They are also protected under the migratory bird act from being harmed.

I'm sure you are sleep deprived, but maybe a sleeping pill would help. Or try relaxing and listening and counting how many songs your mockingbird knows. Some know over 200 songs. Wow!

Scientists say that they are one of the smartest birds out there.

He knows at least 200 songs. I've almost got 100 of them down pat myself :lol:

I don't want to really kill him, I just want to re-locate him, you know, so he can find a mate quickly.

Any hints on how to find him a mate? It's a really pretty Bradford Pear. Bloomed beautifully this year, so his home is nice. He's quite the singer, so he's got a good voice. At any given time there are tons of dried worms on the sidewalk, so food sources are good. Should I adverise him on craigslist? Lonely bird seeking mate so he'll shut up?

Geeze, I have a bird inside that sings all day long. He never shuts up during the day, but when the sun goes down, he's very, very quiet. I like that. :biggrin:

luvmygdaughters

He knows at least 200 songs. I've almost got 100 of them down pat myself :lol:

I don't want to really kill him, I just want to re-locate him, you know, so he can find a mate quickly.

Any hints on how to find him a mate? It's a really pretty Bradford Pear. Bloomed beautifully this year, so his home is nice. He's quite the singer, so he's got a good voice. At any given time there are tons of dried worms on the sidewalk, so food sources are good. Should I adverise him on craigslist? Lonely bird seeking mate so he'll shut up?

Geeze, I have a bird inside that sings all day long. He never shuts up during the day, but when the sun goes down, he's very, very quiet. I like that. :biggrin:

"If you like Pina Colada's and getting" er...never mind. Wrong thread. Seriously, we have one at our house too, but, he must have found his love because he's no longer singing the blues at night. Good Luck