• Was D now R for sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...where do you stand today?

NOTE: Moderates and Independents.

If you are and always were voting for (D) Obama/Biden, this is not you.
If you are and always were voting for (R) Romney/X (now Ryan), this is not you.

Thanks!

:buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I lean Republican mostly because I cannot stand the jumping poo-flinging chattermonkeys that pass for a Democrat party these days. The last few elections I haven't voted so much for Republicans as against Democrats. I hate to see bratty children throw a tantrum and get their way.

I probably won't vote for Romney just because it's a worthless vote in this state, and it would be beneficial to give Johnson a tick in hopes he gets enough votes to juice the Libertarians.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I decided to check "Not sure" since I'll probably just throw my vote away by voting for Johnson. Not that it matters here in the Peoples Republic of MD.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Is there really a portion of society in the middle? Are there really any undecideds who could go either way?

Or is the truth that the undecideds just haven't yet decided the choice between (R) and (L), (D) and (G) or just not bother voting at all?

The most undecided I've seen is "I don't know if I'll vote for X, but I damn sure am not going to vote for Y."

Is there really any chance for one side to sway voters from one side to the other? Or is this whole farce really only about getting better turnout than the other guy?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Is there really a portion of society in the middle? Are there really any undecideds who could go either way?

Or is the truth that the undecideds just haven't yet decided the choice between (R) and (L), (D) and (G) or just not bother voting at all?

The most undecided I've seen is "I don't know if I'll vote for X, but I damn sure am not going to vote for Y."

Is there really any chance for one side to sway voters from one side to the other? Or is this whole farce really only about getting better turnout than the other guy?

This is a pretty good read from local SMCM Political Science professor, Todd Eberly.

The FreeStater Blog: The "Myth" of the Myth of the Independent Voter

MMDad

Lem Putt
This is a pretty good read from local SMCM Political Science professor, Todd Eberly.

The FreeStater Blog: The "Myth" of the Myth of the Independent Voter

But that talks about their overall "indpendence." I'm talking about the Presidential race only, and especially this one where the negativity and animosity are so high. We've had four years of someone whose only consistent policy has been devisiveness. Are there truly people who can't decide between the two big guys? Or are they just not sure if they will hold their nose and vote for Les?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If you're not voting for either one, then, this poll is not for you. :tap:

I was simply trying to gauge where the race stood at the moment with people who have gone, and would again go, either way.

Wait. That doesn't sound right...

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
If you're not voting for either one, then, this poll is not for you. :tap:

I was simply trying to gauge where the race stood at the moment with people who have gone, and would again go, either way.

Wait. That doesn't sound right...

But I'm an independent and I'm choosing not to vote for either party. Now it sounds as if you only want the republicans and dems to say if they have changed their mind rather than which way the independents are voting.

I think there are a lot of independents rebelling against the status quo this year. We do have a viable third party candidate. You shouldn't ignore that.