Mommy bird got mad at me!

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
So, I went into my rose garden and turned on the sprinkler. Next thing I know, this bird comes flying out of one of the rose bushes having a fit and screaming at me. I thought, "Oh, go perch someone else for a while, geez." Then I thought about it more and thought - maybe she has a nest. So I turned off the sprinkler and looked down in the rose bush she came out of. I moved a couple of branches, and there they were looking at me! Three (maybe four) little babies, with little feathers and little baby beaks. :huggy: They are SO cute. I told mommy bird I wouldn't turn the sprinkler on again, but asked her what she would do if it rained? She just continued yelling at me. I had to weed the garden later in the day and boy did she keep an eye on me and tweeting at me the whole time! :lol: Later that evening I was on the front porch and she was busy as could be taking her babies dinner.

Guess I'll have to save spraying that bush for insects and fungus until after the babies move out!

Lilypad

I have a Carolina Wren nesting in one of my hanging Petunia baskets-I peeked inside when she flew out-4 little speckled eggs. :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mikeinsmd said:
ARe there any critters you DO like???
I like bunnies - there are several that hop around my yard. And I like...mmm...lemme think...DEER! I like deer. :yay:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
I think I'm going to name them...

One of them will be Little Vrai....:yay:

Maybe a "Pete" since it worked so well for Dems. :lol:

I'm not sure about the other one -- possibly two.