Moms Group Rallies to Push Gun-Control Laws

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Moms Group Rallies to Push Gun-Control Laws

Date: 01-31-2019 06:54 PM

Summary: Led by chants of "moms demand action" and "gun sense is common sense," dozens of red-shirted volunteers from the Maryland chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America lobbied in Annapolis to support stricter gun laws Thursday.

Click here for the full story...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good grief..that "story" is so shot full of errors as to be worse than useless.

This kind of legislative garbage being pushed by a bunch of uneducated mouth-breathers is why I'm departing the state post haste.

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member

This kind of legislative garbage being pushed by a bunch of uneducated mouth-breathers is why I'm departing the state post haste.

Post haste??? Is there something you've not told me yet?

glhs837

Power with Control
"Dozens"? As in more than one dozen, at a minimum two dozen, correct? Oddly enough, I seem to only find one shot of the group that has even one dozen people. Way to inflate the numbers to make this seem like a more popular thing. So, thinking back to the maybe 20-30 crimes committed here in our little backwater, I cant seem to recall any reports of ghost guns or 3D printed weapons being used. And didn't that instant check I passed for my 10/22 not look at criminal records? If not, what did it look for? Library membership?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And didn't that instant check I passed for my 10/22 not look at criminal records? If not, what did it look for? Library membership?

That is one of the really stupid things that idiot author wrote that immediately jumped out at me. How did such a completely moronic article end up being posted here as "news"??

My gawd the author is dumber than a rock...

Ghost guns are undetectable, untraceable and disguised firearms without serial numbers that can be built at home from parts and kits available online.

The online kits allow for the purchase of 80 percent of the lower parts of the gun, which needs the other 20 percent to be legally considered a firearm. The other 20 percent can be purchased from gun shops, said Delegate Kathleen Dumais, D-Montgomery.

Good grief. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Who is this "Natalie Jones" clown?

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
That is one of the really stupid things that idiot author wrote that immediately jumped out at me.

So, according to this......Criminal is even part of the name of the check. Yeah, pretty crappy reporting at best, at worst a glaring example of biased reporting to support a cause.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/how-do-gun-background-checks-work-a-look-at-the-current-system

Once the form is completed, the dealer will submit it to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) online or by phone. Then, almost immediately, the licensed seller will know how to continue with the sale:

Clem72

And didn't that instant check I passed for my 10/22 not look at criminal records? If not, what did it look for? Library membership?

It checks to see if you have ever been a PE teacher or volunteer coach in SOMD.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Ghost guns are undetectable, untraceable and disguised firearms without serial numbers that can be built at home from parts and kits available online.

The online kits allow for the purchase of 80 percent of the lower parts of the gun, which needs the other 20 percent to be legally considered a firearm. The other 20 percent can be purchased from gun shops, said Delegate Kathleen Dumais, D-Montgomery.

"Bare minimum is no 3D guns in Maryland and no ghost guns," Dumais said.

That is one of the really stupid things that idiot author wrote that immediately jumped out at me. How did such a completely moronic article end up being posted here as "news"??

Good grief. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Who is this "Natalie Jones" clown?

More like Delegate Kathleen Dumass.

Midnightrider

Then you must be moving out of the country in response to trump’s ban right Mo?

Just some idiot who thinks they can ban #### and it’s Ok because 80% lowers aren’t actually guns.

This_person

Then you must be moving out of the country in response to trump’s ban right Mo?

Just some idiot who thinks they can ban #### and it’s Ok because 80% lowers aren’t actually guns.

You've decided to be uselessly narcissistic in yet another thread?!?