moms..stomach pain?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Monster is a year and a half..and I still have pain in my abs..is that normal?

Whenever I am not wearing tight-ish pants (for instance when wearing a dress or something with no ab support) my stomach kills me and I can't even sit comfortably.. Monster earned her nickname from being huge and she did a number on my poor stomach, but I didnt expect to be feeling it this long after having her...just wondering if anyone else experienced this before I make an appt..

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Monster is a year and a half..and I still have pain in my abs..is that normal?

Whenever I am not wearing tight-ish pants (for instance when wearing a dress or something with no ab support) my stomach kills me and I can't even sit comfortably.. Monster earned her nickname from being huge and she did a number on my poor stomach, but I didnt expect to be feeling it this long after having her...just wondering if anyone else experienced this before I make an appt..

Your abs are probably just out of shape, but I would advise starting a workout very slowly and carefully. I had a big baby and had no idea mine were that bad until the first time I attempted to do a sit-up. I literally felt like I'd been stabbed in the stomach with a red-hot poker. I laid on the floor afraid to move because it felt like every one of my ab muscles "shredded", and not in a good way. It was a long time before I tried that again.

It sounds crazy but you could wear control-top hose, one of those pregnancy belts or some other support garment under your dress in the meantime. And look up some post-pregnancy ab exercises.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Your abs are probably just out of shape, but I would advise starting a workout very slowly and carefully. I had a big baby and had no idea mine were that bad until the first time I attempted to do a sit-up. I literally felt like I'd been stabbed in the stomach with a red-hot poker. I laid on the floor afraid to move because it felt like every one of my ab muscles "shredded", and not in a good way. It was a long time before I tried that again.

It sounds crazy but you could wear control-top hose, one of those pregnancy belts or some other support garment under your dress in the meantime. And look up some post-pregnancy ab exercises.

I work out regularly..my abs are much weaker than other parts of my body, for sure..but I am able to do reasonable ab workouts.. most of the discomfort comes from sitting..really strange. I don't want to wear a girdle :bawl: :killingme

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I was thinking that..but aren't you sup to be able to see a bulge? I am pretty thin so I would think I would be able to see it..
You might feel or see something, maybe not. After a year and a half, your stomach muscles would be healed and you shouldn't experience any pain from being pregnant. It wouldn't hurt to get an x-ray to weed out anything.

E

EmptyTimCup

did you have a C Section ?

maybe an after affect

none of my womins had a problem like this, and 2 had C Sections

[5 children 4 mothers]

Roman

I was very thin before I gave birth to an almost 11 pound baby. I lost a lot of weight after having him, but my muscles were sure hurting for a long time afterwards. With it being a year since Birth, and if you didn't have a C-Section, I would definitely go see a Doctor. It's probably something simple, but better safe, than sorry.

doubtfull24

I had pain for a long time after my son was born. I had a Diastasis recti during my pregnancy because my son was so big and it wasn't my first pregnancy.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I was very thin before I gave birth to an almost 11 pound baby. I lost a lot of weight after having him, but my muscles were sure hurting for a long time afterwards. With it being a year since Birth, and if you didn't have a C-Section, I would definitely go see a Doctor. It's probably something simple, but better safe, than sorry.
:yikes: :faint:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I had pain for a long time after my son was born. I had a Diastasis recti during my pregnancy because my son was so big and it wasn't my first pregnancy.

I have a diastisis, but ob said they do not cause pain. She said to wait awhile and it would close, but 18 months later it hasn't and the pain has been worse lately..so I wonder if in working out I made it worse? And I am annoyed because insurance will not under any circumstances pay to repair a diastisis :bigwhoop: because they "do not cause pain"

I have a diastisis, but ob said they do not cause pain. She said to wait awhile and it would close, but 18 months later it hasn't and the pain has been worse lately..so I wonder if in working out I made it worse? And I am annoyed because insurance will not under any circumstances pay to repair a diastisis :bigwhoop: because they "do not cause pain"

"women utilizing the Tupler Technique exercises had a smaller diastasis than the control group who did not do these exercises"

You might want to look up Tupler Technique.

Most abdominal exercises target the rectus abdominis, which are the frontal muscles on the abdomen that create the six-pack look on the stomach. The larger interior muscle is called the transverse abdominal. This muscle acts like a corset, and provides the majority of our core strength, helps support our lower back and keeps our internal organs from bulging outward. The Tupler technique focuses on abdominal exercises that train this larger muscle, and is designed for mothers who have just had a child and wish to tighten a sagging stomach area.

Step 1
Place your forearms on the floor with your elbows approximately under your shoulders. Interlock your fingers.

Step 2
Place your toes on the floor with your feet approximately shoulder-width apart.

Step 3
Straighten your back so that there is one continuous line that runs from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. Pull your stomach inward so that you feel your abdominal muscles contract.

Step 4
Hold this position for as long as you can. Aim to remain stable for between 30 seconds and one minute.

Step 5
Rest at the end of each hold for approximately one minute. Repeat the hold and the resting period for three to five repetitions.

Step 6
Turn over and lie flat on your back with your knees bent at a 45-degree angle and your feet on the floor.

Step 7
Lay your hands on top of each other over your lower stomach so that your thumbs, when extended upward, reach your navel.

Step 8
Flex your abdominal muscles so that your hands move inward toward the floor.

Step 9
Hold the flexed position for as long as you can, aiming for between 30 seconds and one minute.

Step 10
Relax your muscles and lay on the floor resting for one minute. Repeat the abdominal flex and resting period for three to five repetitions.

Read more: The Tupler Method For Ab Exercises | LIVESTRONG.COM

Misfit

Lawful neutral
One of my mother-in-laws had stomach pain for years after she had her daughter and come to find out she'd torn an ab muscle during labor.

doubtfull24

I had pain from it? At first my ob said they would fix it during my c-section then she said oh we can't. It is considered a cosmetic issue. I don't think mine has healed either. When I am laying down on my back and rise up you can still kinda see a bulge. When I was pregnant I thought it was the baby's head or something until one day I pointed it out to my ob and she told me what it really was. Hope they figure it out and you feel better.