Monday Morning Quarterback...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...OK, let's sift through week one starting, oddly enough, with the Washington Redskins.

I'll still take Portis over Champ but Gibbs needs to be careful to not run the poor boy to death. Betts looked superb, let him take up some of the slack.

Bugal and the O line were FABULOUS save for the center/QB exchange. This was a problem in pre season and, obviously, seems simple enough to fix but just as obviously HAS to be fixed.

Gibbs offense usually has, historically, gotten off to a slow start. Look for the passing game to hit its stride about week 4 or so. Somebody tell Rod Gardner that the opening kickoff usually means the game has started. WAKE UP!

I like the goal line no-review when Brunnel obviously got a bad spot. Gibbs phsycology, until he knows how the team reacts under adversity, was to say 'hey, we'll be back in no time, let's take the three and move on'. A stop by the Bucs would have been HUGE against us.

Special teams kick off coverage has got some SERIOUS work to do.

The defense is absolutely frightening. Obviously, from home you can't see the whole field but on all the blitz packages, even when Brad had time to step up and throw, it simply looked like no one was open. If not for the long kick off return by the Bucs leading to the field goal and Brunnels faux pas, which he rightly as leader and wonderfully took instant responsibility for, they pitched a shut out.

Of course, Galloway dropping one in the end zone was nice.

The Post today did an intersting review of the Skins this year v. last and got into the handful of plays bit I'm always arguing about. (Maybe they read SOMD?)

They pointed out that Spurrier lost 6 games by 4 or less and averaged 12 mistakes;turnover, sack or penalty, per game.

Yesterday, the Skins made four mistakes, the Bucs...12.

I understand there were a few other games played yesterday.

Dallas lost. That's all you need to know.

Ponytail

cattitude said:
Larry Gude Dallas lost. That's all you need to know.[/QUOTE said:
Well, you should point out that the Giants got killed.

:cheers:

Yes, yes they did. And I was there to witness it. It was a BEAUTIFUL sight. :biggrin:

Next victim please...It's the Vikings (who just beat Dallas), and on Monday night. I know where I'll be...working. :rolleyes: till about half time. :moon:

D

dems4me

Turd Ferguson said:
Brunell forced throws into double coverage WAY too many times. Scary.

May I once again recommend Patrick Ramsey over Brunnell :mad: