Lawful neutral
:yay:

Attachments

• 20160312_084911.jpg
    20160312_084911.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 301

NextJen

Raisin cane
We frequently use shrimp. Just buy a bag of frozen shrimp - shell on - just like you would steam for yourself.....only don't steam them, use them raw. Catfish love 'em.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Nice!

Ever tried chicken livers?

1 of the benefits of using chix livers is the occasional striped or white bass. Who would have thought they'd go for them. Also hot dogs make great panfish bait. Just cover the hook and as soon as the bobber moves, set the hook.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've come to believe that being a forager, a catfish will bite on just about anything that gives off a scent. My old standby is squid, but cut bait seems to work as well.

I've heard they're active in the Wicomico River already. I suppose it's time to invest in a new license.
:nomoney:

Midnightrider

I've heard people do, but worms & that store bought catfish bait are all I've ever used.

a good trick for cat fish is to fill a mason jar most of the way with dry dog food, then take your chicken livers and pour a bunch of the liquor in the jar. punch a bunch or holes in the lid with a nail then close the thing up. toss that in the water where you plan to fish a couple hours beforehand. you can fish with the chicken livers, worms, or minows etc. you can also put the mix in an old stocking, you just have to make sure it is perforated enough to let some small chunks out. in either case tie a string to it so you can pull it in when you are done.

lovinmaryland

I've come to believe that being a forager, a catfish will bite on just about anything that gives off a scent. My old standby is squid, but cut bait seems to work as well.

I've heard they're active in the Wicomico River already. I suppose it's time to invest in a new license.
:nomoney:

We use squid too. Omg it smells horrid though :dead: