Money laundering scheme?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think we all know Chris Christie will be winnowed out of the primary before Iowa, and I'm pretty sure Christie knows it too. Pence, same. Ramaswamy - did I spell that right? Who even is that?

It makes no sense that anyone would give money to some candidate who doesn't have a snowball's chance of winning. Then I remembered what cheats and grifters these people are and figured it's another one of their money laundering schemes that should be illegal and land them in a federal prison except that anyone who might bring charges is on the take as well. It's a startup burn rate.

Ever wonder why it "costs" over a billion dollars to run for office?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I was wondering one these people seriously think they are going to beat Trump, the waste of campagin donations to these losers ...

I guess they are hoping the leftists bump Trump out of the running with convection's and charges

PeoplesElbow

The reason people do this is to either get name recognition or to get a spot in the administration that eventually does win.

Some people simply vote for someone because they recognize that name.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was wondering one these people seriously think they are going to beat Trump, the waste of campagin donations to these losers ...

I guess they are hoping the leftists bump Trump out of the running with convection's and charges

Some of them are running for VP - that may be Christie's angle, like anyone is stupid enough to have that arrogant crook be their second. But I think many of them got hired to transfer bribe money like that crypto person Sam whositwhatsis. Foreign entities "invest" in his schemes; he donates that money to Democrat politicians, keeping a percentage for himself; Dem politician pushes for legislation in favor of the foreign entity.

Ukraine, anyone?

And Republicans do it to, obviously.

Our system of government is so corrupt and broken I think the only solution is to burn it to the ground and start over. Sitting here watching Democrats charge Trump with crimes that have already been proven groundless; they're just trying to bog him down in frivolous lawsuits and indictments to keep him out of 2024. It's pretty plain to see, and yet over half of this mindless godforsaken country is all for it.

They already know they won't get a conviction, just like corrupt Democrats knew they wouldn't get a removal when they were jumping all over impeachment like organ grinder monkeys. They're pulling a Palin on him - filing suit after suit that Trump then has to spend time and money responding to, hoping it will lead him to give up like Palin did.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The reason people do this is to either get name recognition or to get a spot in the administration that eventually does win.

If they printed "Yo Momma" on the ballots, they could drain off the Democrat Vote in the cities.

Hijinx

Well I believe ass wipes like Chris Christie is running just to get a voice to bad mouth Trump. If he wasn't running he wouldn't get any recognition (he doesn't deserve any_) Fat piece of dung.. Pence is similar, really bitter over Trump not being nice to him when he refused to ask for a legal count which he could have done but didn't have the balls. Trump is actually pretty good at pissing people off. He even pissed me off when he bad mouthed McAnany.

glhs837

Power with Control

Bootyjuice is a perfect example.

SamSpade

I think we all know Chris Christie will be winnowed out of the primary before Iowa, and I'm pretty sure Christie knows it too. Pence, same. Ramaswamy - did I spell that right? Who even is that?

It makes no sense that anyone would give money to some candidate who doesn't have a snowball's chance of winning. Then I remembered what cheats and grifters these people are and figured it's another one of their money laundering schemes that should be illegal and land them in a federal prison except that anyone who might bring charges is on the take as well. It's a startup burn rate.

Ever wonder why it "costs" over a billion dollars to run for office?
Usually I tend to think that SOMEONE that doesn't like them is looking over their shoulder making sure they don't POCKET something from campaigns. I never think it's fair that money from a previous campaign can be rolled over into the next one - even in primaries.

But Christie, I don't get. He was FOR Trump - campaigned alongside him - served in his administration. Then he was against him. Not sure if he flipped again and back again. But he left office with an approval rating in the low 30's. He hasn't been governor in years. He left the race last time after a single primary - he barely registered enough support to even be ALLOWED in the debates (they had a cutoff level).

If Trump wins - and he probably will - there's no point for his campaign, because Trump will never forgive him, nor should he. He's not going to be VP, or have any spot in his administration.

Actually - I hadn't thought of it - but who is loyal enough to Trump STILL that they would consider the VP spot? It ain't gonna be Pence.

Clem72

Yes, that's how it's spelled. Funny thing is, he's probably the best overall candidate. Young, intelligent, very quick witted, conservative values, well dressed/mannered but willing to fight back if challenged. Successful businessman and very anti-woke. Not a career politician but knows the ins and outs of politics, not a swamp creature.

So of course he will get the old Ron Paul treatment (maybe rename it early Trump treatment) where your own party colludes to with the media to try and downplay you or make you look bad. Before it was ever a thing with Trump they would literally introduce Paul in segments with phrases like "longshot candidate Ron Paul" when he was polling in the top three in most states, or "crazy libertarian Ron Paul" because he had the audacity to have a conversation about the Fed.

Clem72

He’s unabashedly pro-vaccine mandates. That ain’t gonna fly around here.
See, this right here. He's never said that and has always been against mandates and you can literally search his social media history to see his vocal opinion about vaccines. But instead you heard someone that he is pro-vaccine mandates. He isn't, he never was.

Last edited:

HemiHauler

See, this right here. He's never said that and has always been against mandates and you can literally search his social media history to see his vocal opinion about vaccines. But instead you heard someone that he is pro-vaccine mandates. He isn't, he never was.

That’s just posturing after-the-fact to secure much needed support. His firm owns patents related to MRNA tech.

Clem72

That’s just posturing after-the-fact to secure much needed support. His firm owns patents related to MRNA tech.
So you're telling me you have never listened to him? And it was posturing before the fact, like I said it's a public social media history you can search back to what he said when the mandates were first becoming an issue.

What you are conflating is the fact that he is pro-vaccine, as in he took it and generally supports it (and as you pointed out may perhaps profit from it, though there is no link to say his patents were used in the current vaccines).

You can be for something and be against it being mandated. Remember when people used to say "I don't like what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."?? It's a similar stance. There is no conflict between his personal belief that the benefits outweigh the risks in taking the vaccine and his personal and public stance that forcing someone to take the vaccine is morally and ethically wrong.

HemiHauler

So you're telling me you have never listened to him? And it was posturing before the fact, like I said it's a public social media history you can search back to what he said when the mandates were first becoming an issue.

What you are conflating is the fact that he is pro-vaccine, as in he took it and generally supports it (and as you pointed out may perhaps profit from it, though there is no link to say his patents were used in the current vaccines).

You can be for something and be against it being mandated. Remember when people used to say "I don't like what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."?? It's a similar stance. There is no conflict between his personal belief that the benefits outweigh the risks in taking the vaccine and his personal and public stance that forcing someone to take the vaccine is morally and ethically wrong.

You going for that lifetime supply of vegetarian samosas in return for feigned loyalty?

I love samosas!

Clem72

You going for that lifetime supply of vegetarian samosas in return for feigned loyalty?

I love samosas!
First off, with inflation eating away at my retirement I totally would. Second, slobbing political candidate knob is more your thing than mine.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump is actually pretty good at pissing people off. He even pissed me off when he bad mouthed McAnany.

Trump has a point about his former staffers who jumped ship to sign on with the enemy. Kayleigh's fire is gone and now she's just another Fox blonde spewing talking points fed to her through an earpiece. She sold out, in my opinion.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Actually - I hadn't thought of it - but who is loyal enough to Trump STILL that they would consider the VP spot? It ain't gonna be Pence.

I can think of a few, but the problem is that they'd have to think long and hard about throwing themselves into the lion's den. They'd have to have some serious intestinal fortitude to withstand the onslaught of hate from the Democrats. My first choice would be Sarah Sanders but she's probably liking her Governor gig too much. Trump needs a soldier and there aren't too many of those in the swamp.