Monkey

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Selling a Horse without an agent...

....should I post this here for ultimate results ?
His name is 'Monkey'. I need to get him off of my back !
Trying to avoid Tail Tax........
or should I go thru a realtor ?

W

Wenchy

FireBrand said:
....should I post this here for ultimate results ?
His name is 'Monkey'. I need to get him off of my back !
Trying to avoid Tail Tax........
or should I go thru a realtor ?

His name is "Armani". Get it straight. :wench:

fredsaid2

Wenchy said:
I'm only putting this here because it has the most traffic, and you have wonderfully variated opinions.

Read this article (video is there) and tell me what you think:

http://www.nbc4.com/news/13342544/detail.html

If she bought it legally and had current vet records I don't see why it would have been taken from her. Maybe Animal Control wasn't knowledgeable enough about this animal to evaluate it properly? Unless it was painfully obvious I wouldn't know if it was underweight or not. I'd only guess it should be lean but w/ good muscling. If it turns out she cared for the monkey properly I hope she gets him back soon.

MorganLover

Well i am not sure how i feel about it. I think the woman should of done better research before she got the monkey and found it to be illegal then she should not have gotten it. Most regular people/vets i don't think really know how to care for a wild animal (yes i know it was a pet but they are not like the "normal" house pets.) they can carry nasty stuff and if that monkey choose to bite someone then infected whom ever he bit how would she feel. If it is illegal then it is illegal and she should not have had it in the first place, like owning a wild cat IMO. Now if there are ways to get permits and things like that, i think there are monkey's that are trained to help the handicapped then she should have done that and made it legal. IMO

S

saddlesore

The news article doesn't give us enough information. First, there is the discrepancy about when the owner came into possession of the monkey. (I can't remember if the article even specified what type of monkey it is). Animal Control says they have documentation proving the owner got the monkey after the recent change in law. What is this documentation? The owner says she got the monkey before it became illegal to own it. Where is her proof?

Second, why did the person she consulted with about a solid food diet turn her in? Who is the owner's vet, and what does he/she have to say about the animal's condition? What does the zoo vet, where the monkey is now, have to say?

Finally, how is the monkey adjusting from being a pet, cared for by a private owner, to being in a zoo situation? My personal opinion is that the owner should be allowed visitation until the matter is settled. Whilst not knowledgeable about non-human primates, I would imagine they would form strong bonds with their caregivers, and not being allowed to see the owner, whilst at the same time being in a different place, must be stressful. JMHO.