Moose/Caribou Hunting

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Anyone ever been? Do you know anything about it? Where do you go? What time of year?

Really? Are you thinking about going? I would go to Canada or Alaska, Southern MD isn't a good place for, well you don't see many around:lmao:

I do know that moose look like cows on stilts :lol:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Really? Are you thinking about going? I would go to Canada or Alaska, Southern MD isn't a good place for, well you don't see many around:lmao:

I do know that moose look like cows on stilts :lol:

Heck no not me... Know someone who wants to give a trip as a gift and asked me to check it out :lol: She did mention Canada.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
OMG Moose hunting is EXPENSIVE :faint:

:yikes: When I tell her how much it cost I think she will :faint: and forget all about giving that gift... lowest I found so far is $3500 and highest is $5500

SoMdmMusician

believe it or not, but, check the state of Pennsylvania for this. Prices start at like at like $2500.00 I forget what the one place is called, but, look in the 2008-2009 hunters book, free at your local walmart.

somdmusician

ohstate

Moose season started in Alaska last week. We were there and didn't see a single one. The locals say the moose are smarter than that. We did see lots of bears, however.

SPF001

We have done a fly in hunt in Alaska. Not much of a sport. Flew one day saw the direction of the herd. Pilot dropped us off and we waited for them to come to us. Hardest part was choosing which one then timing your shoot with all the cows walking around the bulls. I got a nice double shovel but I think Elk would be more of a challenge. We used to see moose everyday in the neighborhood in Anchorage.

Good luck